CURRENT STATUS OF SASCO ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CURRENT STATUS OF SASCO ...

... on me you shouldn't depend, but some of you may know something. How about letting the old thread (which strayed way off topic) die and informed individuals (Skip, JDP, Captain Hook, others) weigh in here. Thanks for any info about SASCO status.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
    53 Starliner Hardtop
    Newton Grove, NC

This is one of the more interesting anomolies of forums...
    Duplicated threads with no real purpose other than starting a new thread.
    Yes, the other topic strayed, but why start another topic on the same subject?
    A lot of us learned new things from that particular thread.
    (Maybe more than we wanted to know)
    If you hang around here long enough you will see thirty topics on tire size, twenty on engine oil, and every Avanti serial number known to man will be mentioned a hundred times....
    SASCO will be around until it isn't around.
    The newspaper comes out every day, too...
    Not a rant, but a comment on starting redundant post's...

quote:Originally posted by stude53

... on me you shouldn't depend, but some of you may know something. How about letting the old thread (which strayed way off topic) die and informed individuals (Skip, JDP, Captain Hook, others) weigh in here. Thanks for any info about SASCO status.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

This is one of the more interesting anomolies of forums...
      Duplicated threads with no real purpose other than starting a new thread.
      Yes, the other topic strayed, but why start another topic on the same subject?
      A lot of us learned new things from that particular thread.
      (Maybe more than we wanted to know)
      If you hang around here long enough you will see thirty topics on tire size, twenty on engine oil, and every Avanti serial number known to man will be mentioned a hundred times....
      SASCO will be around until it isn't around.
      The newspaper comes out every day, too...

quote:Originally posted by stude53

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I know you are right, Jeff, about multiple threads on the same topic. I was just tired of sifting through sh..stuff about one's love or lack thereof of Notre Dame trying to get the latest update on SASCO. I don't think I will find that in my local newspaper.

I guess I could have just waited until someone said something on topic. Not patient enough, Huh?

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
        53 Starliner Hardtop
        Newton Grove, NC

Comment

I know you are right, Jeff, about multiple threads on the same topic. I was just tired of sifting through sh..stuff about one's love or lack thereof of Notre Dame trying to get the latest update on SASCO. I don't think I will find that in my local newspaper.

I guess I could have just waited until someone said something on topic. Not patient enough, Huh?

53 Starliner Hardtop
          Newton Grove, NC

Comment

There is agreement on my part with Stude53. Altho it is human nature to stray from the main subject a bit, I feel like someone needs to get the main thread back on track so that it doesn't totally change the direction of the thread. Yesterday the thought had occurred to me to say something in the SASCO thread about getting it back on track. So I applaud Stude53 for trying to do what some of us would like to have seen done. Bottom line. When, who and how should someone step in and say "hey boys, let's get it back on track or start another thread." Should it be Mr. Shaw? Or can it be anyone who notices the thread going in a different direction? Otherwise it becomes rather confusing, and a little troublesome flipping thru the pages of entries trying to find out what is an update on the threads main topic. Just a suggestion in trying to help.

Comment

There is agreement on my part with Stude53. Altho it is human nature to stray from the main subject a bit, I feel like someone needs to get the main thread back on track so that it doesn't totally change the direction of the thread. Yesterday the thought had occurred to me to say something in the SASCO thread about getting it back on track. So I applaud Stude53 for trying to do what some of us would like to have seen done. Bottom line. When, who and how should someone step in and say "hey boys, let's get it back on track or start another thread." Should it be Mr. Shaw? Or can it be anyone who notices the thread going in a different direction? Otherwise it becomes rather confusing, and a little troublesome flipping thru the pages of entries trying to find out what is an update on the threads main topic. Just a suggestion in trying to help.

Comment

I tend to agree with Bob regarding the sifting through 97 posts on a thread. It seems to take a long time to go through all that stuff. So I tend to either ignore that thread, or start/look for another thread on the same topic. It's just to save time, but nevertheless learn about a topic of concern to me.
                My 2 cents.
                Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I tend to agree with Bob regarding the sifting through 97 posts on a thread. It seems to take a long time to go through all that stuff. So I tend to either ignore that thread, or start/look for another thread on the same topic. It's just to save time, but nevertheless learn about a topic of concern to me.
                  My 2 cents.
                  Rog

Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Looks like this SASCO thread has now strayed way off topic and is now about threads that stray way off topic [)]

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Looks like this SASCO thread has now strayed way off topic and is now about threads that stray way off topic [)]

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Well said. Now what about SASCO?

1952 Champion Starlight since October,1971. 1962 Daytona
                        since May, 2007.Searcy,Arkansas
                        "In the heart of Arkansas."
                        Searcy, Arkansas
                        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Well said. Now what about SASCO?

1952 Champion Starlight since October,1971. 1962 Daytona
                          since May, 2007.Searcy,Arkansas
                          "In the heart of Arkansas."
                          Searcy, Arkansas
                          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                          1952 2R pickup

Comment

I am sure that everyone who has followed the MANY threads on this subject can agree that IF & WHEN there is something new to report, one of those who are in contact with SASCO will post it here without much delay.

Threads merely asking if there is any news do not serve any purpose except to stray off-topic and/or rehash all that has been said before.

For the record, I do insert "get back on topic" cautions from time to time. Sometimes I go away for a day or two and do not have Internet access for that time, thus a topic can continue to go off in left field unabated. To that end, it is always appreciated when forum members do RESPECTFULLY ask that others stay on-topic.

Also, as all threads have a life cycle, I have to choose between asking for people to get back on track or locking the thread. In the case of the previous thread on this subject it had clearly run out of steam and died on its own. All I did was give it a decent burial before it started to stink up the place.

BShaw,Webmaster
                            Administrating Administrator of the Department of Redundancy Department
                            sigpic
                            Bob Shaw
                            Rush City, Minnesota
                            1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
                            "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

I am sure that everyone who has followed the MANY threads on this subject can agree that IF & WHEN there is something new to report, one of those who are in contact with SASCO will post it here without much delay.

Threads merely asking if there is any news do not serve any purpose except to stray off-topic and/or rehash all that has been said before.

For the record, I do insert "get back on topic" cautions from time to time. Sometimes I go away for a day or two and do not have Internet access for that time, thus a topic can continue to go off in left field unabated. To that end, it is always appreciated when forum members do RESPECTFULLY ask that others stay on-topic.

Also, as all threads have a life cycle, I have to choose between asking for people to get back on track or locking the thread. In the case of the previous thread on this subject it had clearly run out of steam and died on its own. All I did was give it a decent burial before it started to stink up the place.

BShaw,Webmaster
                              Administrating Administrator of the Department of Redundancy Department
                              sigpic
                              Bob Shaw
                              Rush City, Minnesota
                              1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
                              "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Working...
                              X