PDA

View Full Version : CURRENT STATUS OF SASCO ...

stude53
07-07-2007, 09:24 AM
... on me you shouldn't depend, but some of you may know something. How about letting the old thread (which strayed way off topic) die and informed individuals (Skip, JDP, Captain Hook, others) weigh in here. Thanks for any info about SASCO status.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
53 Starliner Hardtop
Newton Grove, NC

DEEPNHOCK
07-07-2007, 09:59 AM
This is one of the more interesting anomolies of forums...
Duplicated threads with no real purpose other than starting a new thread.
Yes, the other topic strayed, but why start another topic on the same subject?
A lot of us learned new things from that particular thread.
(Maybe more than we wanted to know;))
If you hang around here long enough you will see thirty topics on tire size, twenty on engine oil, and every Avanti serial number known to man will be mentioned a hundred times....
SASCO will be around until it isn't around.
The newspaper comes out every day, too...
Not a rant, but a comment on starting redundant post's...

quote:Originally posted by stude53

... on me you shouldn't depend, but some of you may know something. How about letting the old thread (which strayed way off topic) die and informed individuals (Skip, JDP, Captain Hook, others) weigh in here. Thanks for any info about SASCO status.

DEEPNHOCK
07-07-2007, 09:59 AM
This is one of the more interesting anomolies of forums...
Duplicated threads with no real purpose other than starting a new thread.
Yes, the other topic strayed, but why start another topic on the same subject?
A lot of us learned new things from that particular thread.
(Maybe more than we wanted to know;))
If you hang around here long enough you will see thirty topics on tire size, twenty on engine oil, and every Avanti serial number known to man will be mentioned a hundred times....
SASCO will be around until it isn't around.
The newspaper comes out every day, too...

stude53
07-07-2007, 10:38 AM
I know you are right, Jeff, about multiple threads on the same topic. I was just tired of sifting through sh..stuff about one's love or lack thereof of Notre Dame trying to get the latest update on SASCO. I don't think I will find that in my local newspaper.

I guess I could have just waited until someone said something on topic. Not patient enough, Huh?

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
53 Starliner Hardtop
Newton Grove, NC

stude53
07-07-2007, 10:38 AM
I know you are right, Jeff, about multiple threads on the same topic. I was just tired of sifting through sh..stuff about one's love or lack thereof of Notre Dame trying to get the latest update on SASCO. I don't think I will find that in my local newspaper.

I guess I could have just waited until someone said something on topic. Not patient enough, Huh?

53 Starliner Hardtop
Newton Grove, NC

Pckstude
07-07-2007, 10:47 AM
There is agreement on my part with Stude53. Altho it is human nature to stray from the main subject a bit, I feel like someone needs to get the main thread back on track so that it doesn't totally change the direction of the thread. Yesterday the thought had occurred to me to say something in the SASCO thread about getting it back on track. So I applaud Stude53 for trying to do what some of us would like to have seen done. Bottom line. When, who and how should someone step in and say "hey boys, let's get it back on track or start another thread." Should it be Mr. Shaw? Or can it be anyone who notices the thread going in a different direction? Otherwise it becomes rather confusing, and a little troublesome flipping thru the pages of entries trying to find out what is an update on the threads main topic. Just a suggestion in trying to help.

Pckstude
07-07-2007, 10:47 AM
There is agreement on my part with Stude53. Altho it is human nature to stray from the main subject a bit, I feel like someone needs to get the main thread back on track so that it doesn't totally change the direction of the thread. Yesterday the thought had occurred to me to say something in the SASCO thread about getting it back on track. So I applaud Stude53 for trying to do what some of us would like to have seen done. Bottom line. When, who and how should someone step in and say "hey boys, let's get it back on track or start another thread." Should it be Mr. Shaw? Or can it be anyone who notices the thread going in a different direction? Otherwise it becomes rather confusing, and a little troublesome flipping thru the pages of entries trying to find out what is an update on the threads main topic. Just a suggestion in trying to help.

raprice
07-07-2007, 10:48 AM
I tend to agree with Bob regarding the sifting through 97 posts on a thread. It seems to take a long time to go through all that stuff. So I tend to either ignore that thread, or start/look for another thread on the same topic. It's just to save time, but nevertheless learn about a topic of concern to me.
My 2 cents.
Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop

raprice
07-07-2007, 10:48 AM
I tend to agree with Bob regarding the sifting through 97 posts on a thread. It seems to take a long time to go through all that stuff. So I tend to either ignore that thread, or start/look for another thread on the same topic. It's just to save time, but nevertheless learn about a topic of concern to me.
My 2 cents.
Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop

Dick Steinkamp
07-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Looks like this SASCO thread has now strayed way off topic and is now about threads that stray way off topic [:o)]

http://thenobot.org/images/s2d/s2d_01.jpg

Dick Steinkamp
07-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Looks like this SASCO thread has now strayed way off topic and is now about threads that stray way off topic [:o)]

52-fan
07-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Well said. Now what about SASCO?

1952 Champion Starlight since October,1971. 1962 Daytona
since May, 2007.Searcy,Arkansas

52-fan
07-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Well said. Now what about SASCO?

1952 Champion Starlight since October,1971. 1962 Daytona
since May, 2007.Searcy,Arkansas

BShaw
07-07-2007, 11:39 AM
I am sure that everyone who has followed the MANY threads on this subject can agree that IF & WHEN there is something new to report, one of those who are in contact with SASCO will post it here without much delay.

Threads merely asking if there is any news do not serve any purpose except to stray off-topic and/or rehash all that has been said before.

For the record, I do insert "get back on topic" cautions from time to time. Sometimes I go away for a day or two and do not have Internet access for that time, thus a topic can continue to go off in left field unabated. To that end, it is always appreciated when forum members do RESPECTFULLY ask that others stay on-topic.

Also, as all threads have a life cycle, I have to choose between asking for people to get back on track or locking the thread. In the case of the previous thread on this subject it had clearly run out of steam and died on its own. All I did was give it a decent burial before it started to stink up the place.

BShaw,Webmaster
Administrating Administrator of the Department of Redundancy Department

BShaw
07-07-2007, 11:39 AM
I am sure that everyone who has followed the MANY threads on this subject can agree that IF & WHEN there is something new to report, one of those who are in contact with SASCO will post it here without much delay.

Threads merely asking if there is any news do not serve any purpose except to stray off-topic and/or rehash all that has been said before.

For the record, I do insert "get back on topic" cautions from time to time. Sometimes I go away for a day or two and do not have Internet access for that time, thus a topic can continue to go off in left field unabated. To that end, it is always appreciated when forum members do RESPECTFULLY ask that others stay on-topic.

Also, as all threads have a life cycle, I have to choose between asking for people to get back on track or locking the thread. In the case of the previous thread on this subject it had clearly run out of steam and died on its own. All I did was give it a decent burial before it started to stink up the place.

BShaw,Webmaster
Administrating Administrator of the Department of Redundancy Department

Dick Steinkamp
07-07-2007, 11:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by BShaw
Sometimes I go away for a day or two and do not have Internet access for that time

[:0]

Bob, can you give us a "heads up" next time that is going to happen so that we can REALLY get the fur flyin' around here?

[:o)]

Dick Steinkamp
07-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Sometimes I go away for a day or two and do not have Internet access for that time

[:0]

Bob, can you give us a "heads up" next time that is going to happen so that we can REALLY get the fur flyin' around here?

[:o)]

wally
07-07-2007, 12:01 PM
Yes, it is remarkable to see multiple threads on one topic, here. I lost interest in the last thread because it went off topic. And, lengthy threads are harder to follow. Still, there definitely is a need to discuss the situation, because I figure that Stude people in general are very anxious about the direction The Parts, DBA SASCO is headed, even though there are no new developments at present. I guess the very best thing you can do for the time being is to buy the parts you need NOW, in order to give the company the cash input they need to deal with their current crisis, and if the worst happens, you can stock up in case the place has to close for awhile. [:0]I am making up a list right now. Only wishing they would hold a "fire sale", with deep discounts, so my dollar would go further.:)

wally
07-07-2007, 12:01 PM
Yes, it is remarkable to see multiple threads on one topic, here. I lost interest in the last thread because it went off topic. And, lengthy threads are harder to follow. Still, there definitely is a need to discuss the situation, because I figure that Stude people in general are very anxious about the direction The Parts, DBA SASCO is headed, even though there are no new developments at present. I guess the very best thing you can do for the time being is to buy the parts you need NOW, in order to give the company the cash input they need to deal with their current crisis, and if the worst happens, you can stock up in case the place has to close for awhile. [:0]I am making up a list right now. Only wishing they would hold a "fire sale", with deep discounts, so my dollar would go further.:)

BShaw
07-07-2007, 12:24 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Which "heads up" do you prefer?

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h53/StudeRobert/guns.gif

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h53/StudeRobert/Elvis-back.gif

BShaw,Webmaster
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h53/StudeRobert/StudeWebService-small.gif
60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
Woodbury, Minnesota

BShaw
07-07-2007, 12:24 PM

BShaw,Webmaster
Woodbury, Minnesota

toyman
07-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Bob: Very diplomatically said. I didn't think you had to lead the little boys around by the hand.

toyman

toyman
07-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Bob: Very diplomatically said. I didn't think you had to lead the little boys around by the hand.

toyman

DEEPNHOCK
07-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Hey!
At least use some American guns in your picture!
(caution...straying from topic here![}:)])
Jeff[8D]

BShaw,Webmaster
Woodbury, Minnesota

DEEPNHOCK
07-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Hey!
At least use some American guns in your picture!
(caution...straying from topic here![}:)])
Jeff[8D]

BShaw,Webmaster
Woodbury, Minnesota

JDP
07-07-2007, 01:26 PM
OK, I said Dennis will call me with any news, but to keep the peace, I'll ask Monday when I place a order.

JDP/Maryland
64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
63 GT R2
63 Lark 2 door
62 Gt Hawk
62 Lark 2 door
60 Lark HT-60Hawk
59 3E truck
58 Starlight
52 & 53 Starliner
51 Commander

JDP
07-07-2007, 01:26 PM
OK, I said Dennis will call me with any news, but to keep the peace, I'll ask Monday when I place a order.

JDP/Maryland
64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
63 GT R2
63 Lark 2 door
62 Gt Hawk
62 Lark 2 door
60 Lark HT-60Hawk
59 3E truck
58 Starlight
52 & 53 Starliner
51 Commander

DEEPNHOCK
07-07-2007, 01:28 PM
You're fine Bob...
All this touchy feely forum stuff would make the Studebaker brothers roll over in their graves...
They were up to arguing and fighting for what they thought was right.
Times were tough back then....and they liked it!
Jeff[8D]

DEEPNHOCK
07-07-2007, 01:28 PM
You're fine Bob...
All this touchy feely forum stuff would make the Studebaker brothers roll over in their graves...
They were up to arguing and fighting for what they thought was right.
Times were tough back then....and they liked it!
Jeff[8D]

Roscomacaw
07-07-2007, 03:22 PM
OK, so I played into (started?) thread drift before. So what?

Here's the way I see some folks preferences winding up if they had their way.

Like Bob set up a seprate forum for the Omaha meet and the SB meet, we'd have permanent threads for each topic. Sure they'd get lengthy, but you could count on anything pertinent (and very specific) being in one tidy place whenever you care to catch up on the topic.
OK - so let's say I want to comment about green, mid-50s Commander 2-door sedans and several others weigh in on the topic. It dies off in fairly short order, but then comes up a car on ebay or Craigslist or StudeDave finds another one wasting away in some Sand Diego back yard (A GREEN one of course) and he wants to comment about how badly it's original green paint has weathered the years. Out of respect for the NEXT person to comment about green, mid-50s sedans (we COULD define it even more - say '57 Scotsman 2-dr sedans in green!), Dave's required to dig up that 6-month old topic regarding green 57 Scotsman 2-drs before he can comment.
What I'm saying is that the number of dedicated topics could range uncontrollable! We could count on Bob turning every NEW topic into a "forum" of it's own![xx(]

Admittedly, we're an aging gang here - and our memory banks aren't what they used to be. I'm actually kinda proud of how mine's holding up as I often see a car brought up for discussion that I KNOW we discussed before or I'll see a veteran poster here treat another veteran's questions as tho they'd just shown up here for the first time: "We need to know what model you're asking about - how is it equipped and so forth."
Not bragging here, but I can look at most of the names here, be they given names or some kind of cryptic "handle" and I KNOW what kind of car that person owns.
The point I'm trying to make is not that I have a superior memory but that even I am not inclined to try and find a thread that's maybe a week or a month or even several months old, just so as not to offend someone who feels their time's wasted if I'm not tying up a given subject in one neat thread!

I will confess that I've seen this forum go from practically DITW to the point now where I don't even TRY to read and follow all the topics/threads that are started! I really DO have a life away from this keyboard. Point being, when I do have something to share, I'm not gonna angst over whether or not it's properly placed outside of what's already been set up - General vs. Technical and the member's cars an such.

Miscreant adrift in
the BerStuda Triangle
http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/906179/2006/12/7/truckonhill3.jpg

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe

Roscomacaw
07-07-2007, 03:22 PM
OK, so I played into (started?) thread drift before. So what?

Here's the way I see some folks preferences winding up if they had their way.

Like Bob set up a seprate forum for the Omaha meet and the SB meet, we'd have permanent threads for each topic. Sure they'd get lengthy, but you could count on anything pertinent (and very specific) being in one tidy place whenever you care to catch up on the topic.
OK - so let's say I want to comment about green, mid-50s Commander 2-door sedans and several others weigh in on the topic. It dies off in fairly short order, but then comes up a car on ebay or Craigslist or StudeDave finds another one wasting away in some Sand Diego back yard (A GREEN one of course) and he wants to comment about how badly it's original green paint has weathered the years. Out of respect for the NEXT person to comment about green, mid-50s sedans (we COULD define it even more - say '57 Scotsman 2-dr sedans in green!), Dave's required to dig up that 6-month old topic regarding green 57 Scotsman 2-drs before he can comment.
What I'm saying is that the number of dedicated topics could range uncontrollable! We could count on Bob turning every NEW topic into a "forum" of it's own![xx(]

Admittedly, we're an aging gang here - and our memory banks aren't what they used to be. I'm actually kinda proud of how mine's holding up as I often see a car brought up for discussion that I KNOW we discussed before or I'll see a veteran poster here treat another veteran's questions as tho they'd just shown up here for the first time: "We need to know what model you're asking about - how is it equipped and so forth."
Not bragging here, but I can look at most of the names here, be they given names or some kind of cryptic "handle" and I KNOW what kind of car that person owns.
The point I'm trying to make is not that I have a superior memory but that even I am not inclined to try and find a thread that's maybe a week or a month or even several months old, just so as not to offend someone who feels their time's wasted if I'm not tying up a given subject in one neat thread!

I will confess that I've seen this forum go from practically DITW to the point now where I don't even TRY to read and follow all the topics/threads that are started! I really DO have a life away from this keyboard. Point being, when I do have something to share, I'm not gonna angst over whether or not it's properly placed outside of what's already been set up - General vs. Technical and the member's cars an such.

Miscreant adrift in
the BerStuda Triangle
http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/906179/2006/12/7/truckonhill3.jpg

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe

Dick Steinkamp
07-07-2007, 03:24 PM

Actually, Bob, we kind of like having you around. Any chance you can rig up some sort of satellite up-link when you travel?

;)

Dick Steinkamp
07-07-2007, 03:24 PM

Actually, Bob, we kind of like having you around. Any chance you can rig up some sort of satellite up-link when you travel?

;)

Dick Steinkamp
07-07-2007, 03:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by toyman
I didn't think you had to lead the little boys around by the hand.

"going for blood", toyman? ;)

Dick Steinkamp
07-07-2007, 03:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by toyman
I didn't think you had to lead the little boys around by the hand.

"going for blood", toyman? ;)

Guido
07-07-2007, 04:17 PM
quote: Not bragging here, but I can look at most of the names here, be they given names or some kind of cryptic "handle" and I KNOW what kind of car that person owns.
Okay Bob, lets see how good you are. Can you guess what types of vehicles I own? [}:)]

http://thumb14.webshots.net/t/53/453/1/21/36/2964121360097493054pVJTFL_th.jpghttp://thumb14.webshots.net/t/57/757/2/88/4/2023288040097493054SEKowB_th.jpghttp://thumb14.webshots.net/t/18/19/8/37/21/2050837210097493054IYBJJL_th.jpghttp://thumb14.webshots.net/t/59/559/1/43/57/2876143570097493054jKVhDw_th.jpghttp://thumb14.webshots.net/t/22/22/0/2/68/2589002680097493054ftBuBw_th.jpghttp://thumb14.webshots.net/t/28/28/8/30/30/2075830300097493054aSSlFv_th.jpghttp://thumb14.webshots.net/t/59/459/2/23/86/2067223860097493054YoeGMx_th.jpghttp://thumb14.webshots.net/t/28/28/5/18/33/2537518330097493054OgEKcN_th.jpg
Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn doctor’s buggy; Studebaker horse drawn “Izzer” buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures" (including a 1959 IH B-120 4 wheel drive and numerous Oliver and Cockshutt tractors).

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Guido
07-07-2007, 04:17 PM
quote: Not bragging here, but I can look at most of the names here, be they given names or some kind of cryptic "handle" and I KNOW what kind of car that person owns.
Okay Bob, lets see how good you are. Can you guess what types of vehicles I own? [}:)]

http://thumb14.webshots.net/t/53/453/1/21/36/2964121360097493054pVJTFL_th.jpghttp://thumb14.webshots.net/t/57/757/2/88/4/2023288040097493054SEKowB_th.jpghttp://thumb14.webshots.net/t/18/19/8/37/21/2050837210097493054IYBJJL_th.jpghttp://thumb14.webshots.net/t/59/559/1/43/57/2876143570097493054jKVhDw_th.jpghttp://thumb14.webshots.net/t/22/22/0/2/68/2589002680097493054ftBuBw_th.jpghttp://thumb14.webshots.net/t/28/28/8/30/30/2075830300097493054aSSlFv_th.jpghttp://thumb14.webshots.net/t/59/459/2/23/86/2067223860097493054YoeGMx_th.jpghttp://thumb14.webshots.net/t/28/28/5/18/33/2537518330097493054OgEKcN_th.jpg
Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn doctor’s buggy; Studebaker horse drawn “Izzer” buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures" (including a 1959 IH B-120 4 wheel drive and numerous Oliver and Cockshutt tractors).

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Dick Steinkamp
07-07-2007, 07:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs
Like Bob set up a seprate forum for the Omaha meet and the SB meet, we'd have permanent threads for each topic.

I agree with Bob...in addition, I'd vote (as if I had a vote ;)) to not do any more "special" forums. The one to assist Jim Pepper with revising the judging process was hardly used...even though there were many clambering for this forum after Omaha. There were as many (maybe more?) threads started on the general forum about South Bend as there were on the special, dedicated SB Forum. We're pretty good (not great) about keeping "General" threads separated from "Technical" threads. That's probably our limit for dissections.

If you've got something to say, just say it. It will be found where ever it winds up and appreciated.

Dick Steinkamp
07-07-2007, 07:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs
Like Bob set up a seprate forum for the Omaha meet and the SB meet, we'd have permanent threads for each topic.

I agree with Bob...in addition, I'd vote (as if I had a vote ;)) to not do any more "special" forums. The one to assist Jim Pepper with revising the judging process was hardly used...even though there were many clambering for this forum after Omaha. There were as many (maybe more?) threads started on the general forum about South Bend as there were on the special, dedicated SB Forum. We're pretty good (not great) about keeping "General" threads separated from "Technical" threads. That's probably our limit for dissections.

If you've got something to say, just say it. It will be found where ever it winds up and appreciated.

55studeman
07-07-2007, 09:21 PM
quote:I really DO have a life away from this keyboard.

Really Bob?! :D

How'd you get to 6,880+ posts? When we met at Turlock, I thought I saw an impression of a keyboard under your shirt, like it was permenantly attached and you were trying to hide it.;)

Best Regards,
Eric West
"The Speedster Kid"
Sunny Northern California
Where the roads don't freeze over and the heat doesn't kill you.
And an open road is yours to have -only during non-commute rush hours 9am-4pm and 7pm to 7am (Ha, ha, ha)
55 Speedster "Lemon/Lime" (Beautiful)
55 President State Sedan (Rusty original, but runs great and reliable)

55studeman
07-07-2007, 09:21 PM
quote:I really DO have a life away from this keyboard.

Really Bob?! :D

How'd you get to 6,880+ posts? When we met at Turlock, I thought I saw an impression of a keyboard under your shirt, like it was permenantly attached and you were trying to hide it.;)

Best Regards,
Eric West
"The Speedster Kid"
Sunny Northern California
Where the roads don't freeze over and the heat doesn't kill you.
And an open road is yours to have -only during non-commute rush hours 9am-4pm and 7pm to 7am (Ha, ha, ha)
55 Speedster "Lemon/Lime" (Beautiful)
55 President State Sedan (Rusty original, but runs great and reliable)

A1956GoldenHawk
07-08-2007, 01:44 PM

So Bob, please share with us what exactly your NEW "SASCO" topic is suppose to do differently than the other (now locked) topic[?] Is the intent to simply sit back and wait to see who will be the very first to post SASCO's "business obituary" or just so 'the word' of SASCO's demise will spread more quickly?

FYI; Friday afternoon, the Mayor of South Bend had his own well-experienced SDC ([u]S</u>tudebaker [u]D</u>emolition [u]C</u>rew) move much of their equipment ominously close to the building that housed Studebaker's Machine Shop. Geee ...anyone care to venture a guess why the Mayor didn’t have the demolition start 2 weeks earlier[?][?][?]:D It now appears, as early as tomorrow morning (7/9/07), Studebaker's Machine Shop may also be "committed to history"[:0] As someone on here previously posted, Dennis suspected the fire at SASCO earlier this year may have been linked to the Mayor's [u]S</u>tudebaker [u]D</u>emolition [u]C</u>rew (the other SDC) tearing down the buildings adjacent to SASCO ...on the SOUTH. So now the Mayor is tearing down the Studebaker building adjacent to SASCO ...on the WEST. What would be the possibility of another fire happening at SASCO ...one that could effectively "Kill TWO Birds with ONE Stone" for the Mayor??? No one has ever accused our current Mayor of being dumb ...he's just anti-Studebaker to the core, that is all!!!:D

A1956GoldenHawk
07-08-2007, 01:44 PM

So Bob, please share with us what exactly your NEW "SASCO" topic is suppose to do differently than the other (now locked) topic[?] Is the intent to simply sit back and wait to see who will be the very first to post SASCO's "business obituary" or just so 'the word' of SASCO's demise will spread more quickly?

FYI; Friday afternoon, the Mayor of South Bend had his own well-experienced SDC ([u]S</u>tudebaker [u]D</u>emolition [u]C</u>rew) move much of their equipment ominously close to the building that housed Studebaker's Machine Shop. Geee ...anyone care to venture a guess why the Mayor didn’t have the demolition start 2 weeks earlier[?][?][?]:D It now appears, as early as tomorrow morning (7/9/07), Studebaker's Machine Shop may also be "committed to history"[:0] As someone on here previously posted, Dennis suspected the fire at SASCO earlier this year may have been linked to the Mayor's [u]S</u>tudebaker [u]D</u>emolition [u]C</u>rew (the other SDC) tearing down the buildings adjacent to SASCO ...on the SOUTH. So now the Mayor is tearing down the Studebaker building adjacent to SASCO ...on the WEST. What would be the possibility of another fire happening at SASCO ...one that could effectively "Kill TWO Birds with ONE Stone" for the Mayor??? No one has ever accused our current Mayor of being dumb ...he's just anti-Studebaker to the core, that is all!!!:D

wally
07-08-2007, 06:34 PM
I won't go so far as to agree 100% with your Conspiracy Theory, A1956. But I will say that it DOES seem to take having an evil streak in their otherwise affable personality to become a Mayor of any city, anywhere. [}:)]

wally
07-08-2007, 06:34 PM
I won't go so far as to agree 100% with your Conspiracy Theory, A1956. But I will say that it DOES seem to take having an evil streak in their otherwise affable personality to become a Mayor of any city, anywhere. [}:)]

JDP
07-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Just spoke to Dennis, but I can't be specific quite yet. I can say he is now "optimistic" and leave it at that for a little longer.BTW, he did close for a long weekend, but is back at it now.

JDP/Maryland
64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
63 GT R2
63 Lark 2 door
62 Gt Hawk
62 Lark 2 door
60 Lark HT-60Hawk
59 3E truck
58 Starlight
52 & 53 Starliner
51 Commander

JDP
07-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Just spoke to Dennis, but I can't be specific quite yet. I can say he is now "optimistic" and leave it at that for a little longer.BTW, he did close for a long weekend, but is back at it now.

JDP/Maryland
64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
63 GT R2
63 Lark 2 door
62 Gt Hawk
62 Lark 2 door
60 Lark HT-60Hawk
59 3E truck
58 Starlight
52 & 53 Starliner
51 Commander

JRoberts
07-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Thanks JDP.f

Joe Roberts

JRoberts
07-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Thanks JDP.f

Joe Roberts

toyman
07-09-2007, 02:20 PM
WOW......the love is flowing now!

toyman

toyman
07-09-2007, 02:20 PM
WOW......the love is flowing now!

toyman

toyman
07-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Dave: I basically agree with most of the 'facts' as you stated them. I just think that replys often get posted before much thought is given to the context of the reply. Nuf said!

toyman

toyman
07-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Dave: I basically agree with most of the 'facts' as you stated them. I just think that replys often get posted before much thought is given to the context of the reply. Nuf said!

toyman

stude53
07-09-2007, 08:05 PM
Thanks, John. Some of us appreciate any info you can provide.

53 Starliner Hardtop
Newton Grove, NC

stude53
07-09-2007, 08:05 PM
Thanks, John. Some of us appreciate any info you can provide.

53 Starliner Hardtop
Newton Grove, NC

toyman
07-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Time to move this back to the head of the line. Anything new JDP??? toyman

toyman
07-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Time to move this back to the head of the line. Anything new JDP??? toyman

JDP
07-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Nothing new, business as usual.

JDP/Maryland