Bracket identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bracket identification

While working out my manual to power steering swap on Christine, I contacted the owner of the
    Packard that the parts were removed from and he sent me pictures of some of the brackets that came off of the car.
    #1 looks like the steering box to frame bracket
    #2 looks like a motor mount bracket?
    #3 looks like... I don't know
    #4 looks like an A/C compressor bracket.

Any and all opinions are appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Jamie
    Attached Files
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

#1 sector-to-frame bracket
    #2 motor mount bracket (mounts to V8 block)
    #3 PS pump-to-head bracket (requires two stud-bolts for head)
    #4 AC bracket of some sort.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I think you are missing part of #3. There should be 2 pcs held together with bolts. The belt tension is adjusted by lifting/lowering the pump mounted to the top half of the bracket while the lower half is bolted solid to the engine.

Earlier post mentioned this setup may have been on a hawk? If so that bracket for the frame will be at the wrong angle and the steering col won't fit through the firewall.

Jeff in ND

Comment

It's all from a sedan. At least my guesses were close!!!
        Jamie McLeod
        Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
        1958 Commander "Christine"
        1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
        1955 Commander Sedan
        1964 Champ
        1960 Lark

Comment

The "missing" part Jeff speaks of usually stays with the pump. Since the pulley has to be removed from the pump to free that bracket, it's usually just left in place. Yoiu did get the pump, didn't you? The toughest parts to turn up are the two Stud-headed Head bolts that mount that #3 piece you've shown.
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I have some sample head bolts from a 57 G Hawk. I figured it would be easy enough to buy new ones and weld the stud to the top of it some day but the demand is low.

Shall I weld some up?

Comment

Avanti engines with side mount superchargers, use the two stud-type bolts for the mounting bracket too.

The pic (#3) shows the pump mounting bracket upside down. (you are looking at the bottom side.)
              Bez Auto Alchemy
              573-318-8948
              http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
              X