Is this stock Avanti?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: Is this stock Avanti?

I'm taking out the A/C in this car and realize at least part of this is related, but it looks like there's a heater core in here too. Is this stock or previous owner?

I'd rather just have a heater core and dispense with the evaporator. Is it possible to find something that'd work?

I've never seen anything like that in an Avanti...at least not any factory a/c car.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Thats a aftermarket heater defrost from someone like Vintage or Southern air. David

Comment

It sure looks after market but it does have heat and defrost so why not just keep it and toss the AC hoses and external hardware. Particularily, now that the OE stuff is getting expensive and hard to find.

Later, if you want AC, hook it back up.

Bob

Comment

I just pulled my heater unit to replace the heater core. My 63 has AC. The heater and AC are two separate units. The AC unit seems to be mounted (I didn't remove it) as a stand alone in the console. Can you post a pic that shows more of the cowl area to get a better perspective of where this unit is mounted? Harvey

Comment

It is a Vintage Air unit ( Mini Space Saver 01000 VUX-A ) It is sold to be .used in small pick up trucks and coupes
            The Air portion is a little weak for a Avanti with all the glass area. If you are interested I do have a complete heater defroster set up out of a 1964 Avanti.
            I would work a trade with you for the Vintage Air Unit. If interested please contact me. 949-770-2550 or mrbobinc@sbcglobal.net

Bob Caser
            mrbobinc

Comment

Working...
            X