PDA

View Full Version : CI-4 kendal oil

rusty nut garage
07-06-2007, 10:07 AM
With all the talk of oils lately and the availability of the CI-4 formula I've been looking for oil to stock.
I found a distributor that was informative about the oils.
The stock Kendall Super D-3. He said that some of the oil companies have replaced the CI4 with the new CJ4. Other companies will continue to mix both formulas. Citgo, and Kendall are two that are still planning to formulate the two. I originally run Chevron Delo in both the IH tractor, Ford powerstruggle and the Bakers. However the Chevron distributor was lame at best and didn't have intrest to help out. Ditto for Shell there words were " The CI4 is gone never to be seen again".
Anyway thought I'd pass it along, here's a link on the specs for the Kendall D-3
http://www.kendallmotoroil.com/NR/rdonlyres/CD5DE04F-2A0A-4AA4-86A3-798E3AD7D4C6/0/K_SD3_Dsl_Multi.pdf

Russ Shop Foreman "Rusty Nut Garage"
57 SH (project)
60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

tomnoller
07-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Thanks for that! I'll look for a local dealer.

Western Washington, USA

raprice
07-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Russ,
Thanks for the info. It's interesting to note that Studebaker used numerous Kendall products in their cars.
Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop

Flat Ernie
07-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Just FYI, Conoco-Phillips bought the Kendall name 6 or 7 years ago - the oil is not the same anymore. If you notice, it's brown instead of the traditional green that was pumped from the Bradford, PA refinery forever. If you want real "Kendall" oil, the green stuff, go to Brad-Penn Oils & find a distributor. The oldest operating refinery in America...

Daddy always said, if yer gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough & I'm one tough sumbitch!