• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame / Springs: Coils

coil speings with a part no. 526122, What years and models do the yfit? Tom

51-52 Champion HD.

Comment

They are also used in '64 Larks and Hawks as a heavy duty (HD) spring. They should fit in a wide range of later model Studebakers. I've used them in several Larks and Hawks. In fact, Newman & Altman sold them for years as a HD spring for a lot of models. You may want to try to get ahold of a N&A catalog to see what they indicated. IIRC, they could be used in almost anything after '51 as far as V8 cars.
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
      Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

526122's were used on Avanti II's
        64 GT Hawk (K7)
        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

from a previous post hope it helps.

Moog Cargo Coil springs, their #CC655, auto zone Duralast part number is RCS655V.

1. Shock Absorbers for 1962-'64 GT Hawk
          The most recent references found for shocks seem to be:
          Front,Gabriel #82087
          Rear, Gabriel # 82103 or 82151

The old Timken Numbers were 14276 (outer cup) and 14132T (inner cone and rollers) The old Timken Numbers were 14276 (outer cup) and 14132T (inner cone and rollers)

Rock Auto has them for $65.79 a pair. $32.90 each. Of course shipping is extra.
          "thegreasesquad",$87.35 a pair with free shipping

Comment

For how many years did Studebaker use the progressive (coils not evenly spaced) springs? I think they started in '57 or '58. And are THEY still available?

TIA

John

Comment

I did not mention that these are marked with double yellow paint. they were not heavey enought for my 61 Lark, that is why I replace them. Now I am trying to sell these but I didn't know what models they fit. Tom

Comment

Working...
              X