PDA

View Full Version : Simple part request(?) Defroster vent.

scott.rodgers
03-24-2012, 06:29 PM
I need a part that probably no one would ask a quarter for at a swap meet because no one would want it. I need a driver's side defroster vent (the one that goes under the dash by the windshield) for a 64-66 Lark-type (I assume a '63 would work too). Anyone have one laying around?

I want it for the passenger side. It would make the mounting of my Vintage Air unit much easier - the defroster hose would go right up to the vent if the inlet was on the opposite side, leaving more room for the hose to the drivers side. Unfortunately, the vents are not interchangeable because of the mounting flange - I can't just turn it around. Also, I can't just flip them because the passenger one won't work on the driver's side because of interference from the steering column mount. Nothing is ever simple...

Orestudeguy
03-24-2012, 11:00 PM
Scott,

Are you in a hurry for it. I have 1964 Commander I am parting out. I can't get to it for at least two weeks thou.
Please let me know.

StudeRich
03-24-2012, 11:17 PM
I need a part that probably no one would ask a quarter for at a swap meet because no one would want it.

GOOD JOB Scott! Of negotiating a good price! Were you ever a Politicion? ;)

Really; you are right, I'll bet Bob Peterson and others have scrapped over a 100 of those, still on the cars! :(

candbstudebakers
03-25-2012, 12:01 AM
GOOD JOB Scott! Of negotiating a good price! Were you ever a Politicion? ;)

Really; you are right, I'll bet Bob Peterson and others have scrapped over a 100 of those, still on the cars! :(

Rich right you are and the last 2 63 2door cars had them right there in front and no dash but in china now.

scott.rodgers
03-25-2012, 12:54 PM
George,

No, I can wait. Let me know when you're ready.

scott.rodgers
03-25-2012, 12:57 PM
I've probably thrown some out too! It's probably the last part on Stude that would wear out or rust out or be missing.

jackb
03-25-2012, 01:43 PM
send me your address in PM (if you like) and I can get a pair out to you for shipping.....

scott.rodgers
03-25-2012, 03:54 PM
PM sent - check your inbox.

Orestudeguy
03-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Scott, I guess you don't need the one's from my parts car?

scott.rodgers
03-25-2012, 06:15 PM
George,

I think I raided my 63 Wagonaire for the vents I'm using in my 66. I have the feeling that the 66 didn't come with any but I can't remember - the car was the kind of project where they may have been missing. Long story short, I'd like the pair you have too, just in case.

avanti76
03-27-2012, 04:28 PM
I was looking and some are on E-bay now !!!!

scott.rodgers
03-31-2012, 04:29 PM
Here's what I'm doing and why I requested extra ducts. I mounted a driver's side defroster duct on the passenger side to get the right hand defroster duct on my Vintage Air unit to line up better. I had to drill and tap new holes to mount the duct but that was easy. Since I grabbed my driver's side duct I'll have to replace once I get the requested ones in the mail.

The first picture is the original passenger side duct. It's not quote over the left hand duct on the AC unit. I could have run the hose up from the left hand side but there was no room to run the hose from the right hand duct to the driver's side. The second picture show how the driver's side duct lines up almost perfectly.

I'll post more pictures in the future under a new thread - I've had a request to see just how to get a Vintage Air Gen-II Compac unit behind a 64-66 Lark-type dash. It's not easy, but it can be done. I'm doing with the dash removed. It's much easier doing it this way and I was replacing the dash and the wiring anyway.

scott.rodgers
05-10-2012, 02:43 PM
George,

Do you still have the vents available?

(S)
05-10-2012, 02:54 PM
I have some in perfect condition. They must be worth at least 50 cents.

scott.rodgers
05-10-2012, 03:11 PM
I'd even give you a whole dollar a piece plus S&H - PM sent!