Climatizer wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Climatizer wiring

In the process of dismantling the instruments etc from my dash (C-Cab truck), in order to paint it, the climatizer leads came loose; can someone tell me how the two leads from the climatizer box connect? I know one goes to the switch, is the other lead just a ground?
    My electrical diagram does not show the climatizer. Also, is this a two speed motor or just one? My switch only gave one speed.... Thanks

Joe Diggle

All Studebaker Heater Fans are Two Speed, most 12 Volt units have an Orange and a Red wire for High and Low speed, the switch will have "two clicks". I think the '49 to '56 is a turn switch, and the '57 to '64 is a Pull, but both have three positions.

What year "C" Cab is this?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich, its a 1952 model. The switch is the turn type and does seem to have two positions; but the motor only runs (well, ran) on one very high speed, (which I think is because my truck is now a 12 volt) . I have a voltage reducer to install after I figure out this wiring; that is, the two two wires coming out the back of my climatizer. As I said, one goes to the switch, to pick up power, but I don't know where the second wire goes.. The switch only has two terminals, one for the aforementioned wire to the climatizer, and one to the power source.

Joe D.

Comment

• robchhi
        robchhi commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you ever get wiring detail on your climatizer?
    Working...
    X