PDA

View Full Version : Stude Trade

mbstude
03-22-2012, 08:46 PM
The Broadmoor needs a new home. It runs, it drives, it stops, etc etc.. I like the car but I'm not as wagon-crazy as I thought I was, but I had a blast getting it on the road. I've thought about selling and buying a modern car, but the more I look at what's out there, nothing looks as fun as a Stude. I'll keep using the F150 for long trips and suck up the high gas prices.

If anyone wants a decent, loaded Broadmoor wagon, I'd be interested in trading for another Stude. Pickups, late 30s sedans, or anything else interesting. If someone wants a pretty cool longroof and has something neat for a trade, let me know. I'm just looking to see what's out there.

JoeHall
03-22-2012, 08:49 PM
Matt,
Never met you, but in reading your many posts and writings, I am thinkin a Hawk would be a good fit for you :)

Milaca
03-22-2012, 08:58 PM
Though a nice wagon, I dont need another Stude wagon but I do have a very nice 2001 Lincoln Continental with all the bells & whistles that I would trade for a 25 horespower or larger wood chipper. If you find somebody looking to trade such a wood chipper for your wagon, you could then in turn trade the wood chipper for my Lincoln. ;)
Perhaps with enough persons wanting to trade an item for something else, we may be able to get what we want. Perhaps it could be called 'six degrees of swapping'? :)

r1lark
03-23-2012, 06:12 AM
Matthew,

How about a Coupe Express? Richard Quinn has one of his for sale for a pretty reasonable price.

Michidan
03-23-2012, 07:36 AM
I am such a sucker for wagons - been very jealous of your 57 from the start. Sorry though, nothing here to offer in trade.
Not even a wood chipper.

Welcome
03-23-2012, 08:21 AM
Matt,
>>> I am thinkin a Hawk would be a good fit for you :)

Agreed!!! Matt definitely needs a shiny BLACK HAWK!!! His Grandpa ...or I ...can attest to the strange powers a young guy driving a BLACK HAWK can have over the women.;)

jackb
03-23-2012, 08:29 AM
Matt...Matt...Matt: I should have pressed you when you 1st showed loss of interest....But I didn't want to sway any immediate negativity after the fender pain.....I just bought a 62' Lark wagon. No engine, SW dry car. If your still a mind for a later wagon with an very solid body and a great 1963 Cruiser drivetrain (289 w/OD)....I would talk trade..I would have never bought this car were I to know yours was available......Let me know..
Jack

blackhawk61
03-23-2012, 08:38 AM
Agreed!!! Matt definitely needs a shiny BLACK HAWK!!! His Grandpa ...or I ...can attest to the strange powers a young guy driving a BLACK HAWK can have over the women.;)
No doubt !

rockinhawk
03-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Agreed!!! Matt definitely needs a shiny BLACK HAWK!!! His Grandpa ...or I ...can attest to the strange powers a young guy driving a BLACK HAWK can have over the women.;)So True...so true... Won myself a sweetheart while driving a Shiney black Hawk back in 1968. Now have a different Hawk, but still got the same sweetheart. 44 years later.

blackhawk61
03-23-2012, 03:52 PM
So True...so true... Won myself a sweetheart while driving a Shiney black Hawk back in 1968. Now have a different Hawk, but still got the same sweetheart. 44 years later.
Met my Wife of 48 yrs while driving a Black 1957 Golden Hawk in 1963.

Welcome
03-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Met my Wife of 48 yrs while driving a Black 1957 Golden Hawk in 1963.

The Bro-in-law and Sis-in-law's first date was in his '62 BLACK GT HAWK back in 1965. They've been married 44 1/2 years now.:cool:

ROADRACELARK
03-23-2012, 07:07 PM
Well ok guys, I hate to keep on a topic using Matt's thread, but you're not gona' believe this. I met my wife of 44 years ( April 6, 1968) and at the time, I ALSO owned a 1959 Silver Hawk, Velvet Black in color, with red interior. Kept it for another year and had to sell it to buy something she could drive with "creature comforts" Within a few years, we found another '59 Hawk (pictured at the left) for her, and have had it all this time. You just never know.

Dan Miller
Auburn,GA

JDP
03-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Well ok guys, I hate to keep on a topic using Matt's thread, but you're not gona' believe this. I met my wife of 44 years ( April 6, 1968) and at the time, I ALSO owned a 1959 Silver Hawk, Velvet Black in color, with red interior. Kept it for another year and had to sell it to buy something she could drive with "creature comforts" Within a few years, we found another '59 Hawk (pictured at the left) for her, and have had it all this time. You just never know.

Dan Miller
Auburn,GA

When I showed up at my girlfriends house in South Bend with my brand new 63 GT Hawk, she said "Why'd you buy a Studebaker ?" Not exactly a "cool" car in South Bend.

rockinhawk
03-23-2012, 07:53 PM
When I met Miss Edie it was 1967. I was driving a 57 Chevy. She let me take her home from church and agreed to go out with me a time or two, but in 68 when I drove up in a 56 Sky hawk, all black and shiney, she started talking marriage! Must be something mystical about a Black Hawk! NT

rockinhawk
03-23-2012, 07:54 PM
When I showed up at my girlfriends house in South Bend with my brand new 63 GT Hawk, she said "Why'd you buy a Studebaker ?" Not exactly a "cool" car in South Bend. Was it black, John?

Roscomacaw
03-23-2012, 07:56 PM
Second wife and I have been together now for 31 years. My sole vehicle when we met was an 8E12 W/5spd. We even went camping in Canada in that thing. First marriage lasted only 16 years - course, I didn't have a Stude when I met her.

Welcome
03-23-2012, 08:13 PM
When I showed up at my girlfriends house in South Bend with my brand new 63 GT Hawk, she said "Why'd you buy a Studebaker ?" Not exactly a "cool" car in South Bend.

hmmm ...just a wild guess, it must have been some color other than BLACK. Didn’t you see the memo??? It was clearly posted at Doon’s & Zar’s!!!;)

PS for JDP: My former girlfriend ...now wife of close to 45 years ...and I had a Strawberry Shake & Cherry Pepsi this afternoon at the Doon’s in downtown Mishawaka. Do you remember that place? ...well, the only thing that has changed is the prices.:D

[OK, now back to getting Matt traded out of that Wagon and into a BLACK HAWK!!!:cool:]

mbstude
03-23-2012, 08:20 PM
I'll stay away from black Hawks.. I'd end up married with no money to work on the car! <grin>

Keep the stories coming.. Pretty cool stuff.

Rather than reply to individual PMs.. A lot of people have offered to trade various Larks.. I'm not much of a Lark guy.

Unless something really interested comes up, I'll be ebaying the wagon. There's a specific Stude I'm trying my best to get. We'll see if I can twist the owners arm enough.. If that happens, it'd be "the" keeper car..

Studedude
03-23-2012, 08:44 PM
There's a specific Stude I'm trying my best to get. We'll see if I can twist the owners arm enough.. If that happens, it'd be "the" keeper car..
Is this the one I want, and would possibly dispose of 'Sheba for?

(You don't have to answer that question.) <GGG>

BobGlasscock
03-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Ok, here is your car Matt. I got a '95 Mustang, no engine, no transmission, water soaked, peeling paint, no title. I'll trade ya.

Studedude
03-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Ok, here is your car Matt. I got a '95 Mustang, no engine, no transmission, water soaked, peeling paint, no title. I'll trade ya.
You are just too kind, Bob!

mbstude
03-23-2012, 09:35 PM
Is this the one I want, and would possibly dispose of 'Sheba for?

(You don't have to answer that question.) <GGG>

I don't think so. But, the '51 business coupe does have a price tag. It is not cheap.

Bob, I'll give that serious consideration.

Chris_Dresbach
03-24-2012, 12:28 AM

After reading some of these, I am now convinced that this ONLY works for black HAWKS. :eek: :p

JDP
03-24-2012, 05:44 AM
Was it black, John?

Blue mist with blue and white seats.

Bob Andrews
03-24-2012, 06:17 AM
After reading some of these, I am now convinced that this ONLY works for black HAWKS. :eek: :p

Hey Chris- In my experience, if you're about impressing the ladies, avoid most Studebakers:) What you do, see, is get yourself a popular car to lure 'em in; if you find a keeper and want to see how devoted she is, THEN you pull out the Stude. If she still goes out with you, you know she really likes you!;)

My close friend Mike, with whom I raced for a couple decades, calls my green Lark 'Motorized Birth Control'. We like putting around in it anyway. But then, we've already got our women, and they're fine with us going out in it. Keeps the ladies' clothes on- hard to do with us two stallions...

Welcome
03-24-2012, 06:41 AM

Some amazing facts & figures coming out in this thread!!!;)

"Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is BLACK." – Henry Ford

IF ...Studebakers had only followed Henry’s lead in their HAWK line imagine how many more loyal Studebaker families there may be today!!!:cool:

pszikszai
03-24-2012, 07:24 AM
Well I had a different experience with girl and car.
When I asked a pretty girl for a date, she in return asked what I am driving.
I did an about face and marched off.
I was driving a 55 Chevy delux hard top,
Not a speedster but it has value now.

clonelark
03-24-2012, 07:26 AM
Henry Ford sold em cause they were cheap, he made his money off his parts.
Studebaker invented Cool.

lugamatic
03-24-2012, 09:39 AM
matt pm or call me i have 37 on up cars that we could trade thanks

bezhawk
03-24-2012, 09:45 AM
I see Matt as a bullet-nose kind of guy. (whatever that means)

ddub
03-24-2012, 11:08 AM
Any yokel could catch a gal with a black hawk. When I met my wife I was driving a faded grey 40 Champion. That was 55 years ago, been married for 48.

mbstude
03-24-2012, 11:40 AM
Lugamatic, email sent.

j.byrd
03-24-2012, 11:49 AM
I don't know, Matt, better think these "Hawkish" suggestions through, got my slim, blonde, younger bride in a 56 Sky Hawk with the passenger front floor rotted away. We got married in Florence, Al. in 75 in July wearing polyester after driving that Hawk all over trying to find someone to marry us. She just claimed the missing floorboard and resulting exhaust/engine heat blast was "air conditioning", then later helped me fix it up, vend out of it at SDC meets, and show it. Good gal ? Special car ? Lucky guy ? Better think, ha !! John