Wagonaire Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wagonaire Update

I keep pecking away at the Wagonaire. My theory is that if I work on a project car at least some most every day, it will get finished. Sometimes the project I have planned for the day gets me out of bed early and excited to get started...and sometimes the planned project makes me want to pull the blankets over my head.

Brakes are done. 10" self adjusters on the rear, and Turner discs up front. New hoses all around. Dual master with power assist.

I installed the rear quarter windows. What a PITA! When Pat had the car painted, he also had all the blue in the interior and moldings redone...base/clear...

Newish 205 75 15's with some "almost NOS" wheel covers from the Bob Peterson Wheel Cover Collection.

It's at least LOOKING like a car ...

I found this picture the other day. I wonder if mine is one of those.

A few more pics here...

Slideshow
    Last edited by Dick Steinkamp; 03-22-2012, 01:35 PM.
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

How do you eat an elephant?

One bite at a time.

Comment

That sure looks nice !
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

hot damn that Wagonaire is looking saaaaweet!
        1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Great Project

Looking good Dick; I really like watching your progress on your cars; you have a real knack for picking good projects.

Joe D.

Comment

Dick: The tag / notation "United Press International" (or something similar) is on each of the Build Orders for those Wagonaires that saw commercial service in and around Washington DC.

If you have reason to believe yours might be one, or are just curious, get a Production Order for it from The Studebaker National Museum and you'll know for sure. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

"I wonder if mine is one of those"

Is yours a smoker, those in the picture look to be about 4 for 6.
              (Yes, I know its only condensation)

Comment

Dick, the third car from the left in the photo is your car....just take my word for it.
                sigpic
                In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Pat already got the PO for it, and there was nothing to indicate what the XX addendum tag with the body tag meant. Maybe they were destined to shoot XX-rated films!
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Your wagon is coming along nicely. It looks great. Hats off to you for the work you are doing on this one.
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Looks great Dick! Keep up the good work!

Jim
                      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                      their Memorials!

Comment

Lookin' good Dick! It's come quite a ways in the past month since I looked in on you.
                        Mark Hayden
                        '66 Commander

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                          Dick, the third car from the left in the photo is your car....just take my word for it.
                          Since I have now "seen it in writing on the internet", it is a certainty.

(actually no mention of UPI on the prod order)
                          Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Ragtop View Post
                            Looks great Dick! Keep up the good work!

Jim
                            Just the rotors were installed on this car when I got it from Pat since it had the stock wheels that would not fit over the calipers. Pat had bought the complete, deluxe kit from Jim, however. The instructions and brackets are first rate! The calipers installed easily and with the spacer trick I learned here on the forum, the stock wheels fit just fine. It will be a while, however, before I can give the brakes a work out. The engine and trans are just sitting in place for transport. They'll come out, I'll clean out the water passages in the block and swap the trany for the HD FOM Pat supplied with the car.
                            Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                            X