Horn button lock ring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horn button lock ring?

I do not see the horn button lock ring in the SI catalog. I am speaking of the round ring that screws to the steering wheel with the 3 plastic {hard rubber?} blocks riveted onto it that the horn button twist onto and locks.

I have 2 cracked blocks on mine and the horn button will not stay on.
    Worst case scenario, I can find some plastic hunk somewhere and whittle a couple but if they are available from one of you suppliers, how much are they? And are they in stock?

"Horn Plate" Part number 192247 $35.00
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Is that from SI Bob?
      I could not find it, but I only have the online catalog since they did not send me a paper catalog when I bought my engine kit even though I requested it. The online one is hard because you have to scroll forever to find something.

Side bar, Bob did you ever find the wiper motor and arms and OD kick switch and linkage parts to go with the 12 V solenoid parts?

Comment

Yes, SI. From their site.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
          I do not see the horn button lock ring in the SI catalog. I am speaking of the round ring that screws to the steering wheel with the 3 plastic {hard rubber?} blocks riveted onto it that the horn button twist onto and locks.

I have 2 cracked blocks on mine and the horn button will not stay on.
          Worst case scenario, I can find some plastic hunk somewhere and whittle a couple but if they are available from one of you suppliers, how much are they? And are they in stock?
          IF ...it's the same horn button retainer I'm thinking of, contact any Military Vehicle Surplus place and they should be able to fix you up with a good one for $5 buck or less!

Good Luck!!!

Comment

That's true. Since he'd asked about SI - that was the course I took. I know I found a horn kit on ebay that got me that plate and other pieces for under $20 IIRC.

Kelly, I did find a kickdown switch as well as one of those Radio Shack relays I told you about. The wiper stuff I do have, I just have to get it off the cab.

Comment

That is awesome Bob. No rush btw. I was just asking. I really appreciate your time and help.

Comment

When you ordered your parts from SI,they assigned you a customer number which is handy to keep a record of. If I were you I would call them,with your cus# or invoice # and re-request the catalogue. Maybe it got lost in the mail. It's a valuable book,sometimes it can be almost as helpful as a shop manual or chassis or body catalogue.
                Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Thanx Guys.
                  I should have called them a while ago and asked them to send one. I did not notice it was not in my big box of parts for a couple weeks, as the parts started to thin down I noticed it was not in there. I figured it was too late to ask for one and I would ask for one next time ordered something. The catalog is on my order sheet and checked off like it was pulled but was not put in the box. No big stress, I use the one online for reference but it is a pain sometimes. Unless I am doing something wrong, it wont load unless I scroll slowly so it can keep uploading... and I have FIOS and a 64 bit really good computer, but I may be doing something wrong.

Comment

Did you ever get the horn ring retainer? My son, who is a machinist, made me a retainer ring out of engineered plastic and it works like a charm.

Comment

Working...
                    X