Congrats to Dick Quinn & '39 Coupe-Express

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to Dick Quinn & '39 Coupe-Express

Congratulations to Dick Quinn and his pretty red 1939 Coupe-Express, for winning the Antique Automobile Club of America (AACA) Hershey Region Junior Truck Award.

The March/April 2012 Antique Automobile, AACA's member journal, arrived in today's mail. Therein is the same photo that is the front cover of the May 2011 Turning Wheels.

A short history of Dick's ownership and the truck's options and such accompany the photo and the announcement of the award:

Good show, Dick; stunning. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

I'll second what BP said. A beautiful truck and a great guy got what they deserved.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Congratulations to you Dick. I can't think of anyone more deserving.
      Rog
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Nice, well done!
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Thanks guys. Really appreciate it. I am thanking Glen Reints for his years of labor on the truck. He deserves the praise. I'm just sorry he did not live to see it completed.
          Richard Quinn
          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

There was a 39 CE on eBay out of Calgary that didn't get a bid. It was barely a shell. I kept looking at Dick's on the cover of TW and thinking of the possibilities. That's one inspirational ride. Congrats.
            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Congratulations, Dick, on the win. A very nice CE, indeed.

Dave, the '39 in Calgary is more than a shell, in fact, i think there are parts of 2 or more vehicles in the package. It has been on offer for a pretty healthy price for a couple of years now. It would be quite a project, but it is a rare and desirable car. I saw an ad for it on the Calgary Kijiji site a few weeks ago.
              Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

I have a second '39 CE that is complete and running but needs complete restoration. If anyone is interested let me know and I will send images and particulars.
                Richard Quinn
                Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Congratulations on your win Dick. Great job!
                  Stu Chapman

Comment

Studebaker did indeed invent cool. That is way beyond cool! Beyond groovy cool even.

Comment

Congratulations, Richard!
                      I guess this breaks your run/rule of not having vehicles judged. I can understand the tribute reason that you made this exception.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

As they say across the Pond: "Brilliant!!!"
                        1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Congratulations from all of us in Australia. BTW What does Junior and Senior mean with these awards?
                          John Clements
                          Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

I think your first showing would get you a Junior? After that if you win....
                            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Congratulations Richard, well done ,well deserved a beautifull looking masterpiece.
                              Evan Severson

Comment

Working...
                              X