Comfortable Work Shop this Summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comfortable Work Shop this Summer

My son after seven months of recovery from a flood has moved back in house. Since they installed central AC I was given one of his old window ac units. I have two car garage attached to the house with a dividing wall down the center with my work shop in one half of the garage. In the summer it gets very hot in the garage making very uncomfortable working in the shop.

So on the way home today stopped at the local Lowes store and priced insulation and some other materials. Bottom line for less than $200 in materails plus my own labor and installing the ac window unit I will have a cool shop to work in this summer when it gets hot.

John S.
    Last edited by Packard53; 03-18-2012, 06:41 PM.

You will be pleased! The heat and air in my Quonset allow me to enjoy the hobby much more than I could without it,
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

Comment

Till yer wife gets the bill.

Dean.

Ps.
      I get away with the heater due to keeping our two bulldogs above 60 at night.
      Last edited by dean pearson; 03-19-2012, 06:22 PM. Reason: add ps

Comment

Being in the north, I clearly understand rough temperature during certain times of the year. Have fun with it and make sure your a/c unit tilts down on the outside a little bit. That way if any condensation builds up inside the unit or coils, it will drip outside. Take care

Comment

Working...
        X