Click image for larger version

Name:	041.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	1734874Unwrapped the Stude foClick image for larger version

Name:	008.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	1734873r the first time this year and she fired right up, brakes fine, no mice, and my dog understands what "Studebaker" means: CAR RIDE!!!!Click image for larger version

Name:	039.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	1734872
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Right purdy!
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Righteous rolling ad Dave. Great to get 'em out early and a nice reminder what it normally looks like in the one shot.

I fired up the Avanti yesterday because it been 70 - 80 here in Michigan for the last week. It's been great to get summer three months early. The long range forecast says no serious cold weather in sight for us and I suspect you also.

Very nice car, Bob

Comment

Did someone say, "Studebaker ride?"

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3151.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1672231
        My dogs love riding in the Hawk. They know which car is which, If I say "Studebaker ride", they run straight for it.

Comment

Cool pics Dave.
          My dog loves my Studebaker, but that is because she is a Terrier {same as Dwain G. has, Westies} and my truck smells like mice.....lol

Comment

Sorry, I'm too old to not offer this.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thanks for the pics guys! Yes, we all do love our four-legged 'kids' don't we? Actually, I've been wanting to change my pic for some time now. It's an old pic, and one of those dogs is no longer living. Most of them are rescues; older dogs, some with special needs.
              Now, if I can just find those drawings I made of customized Studebakers when I was about 16.........
              Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

For sweetolbob, the snow picture was only a couple of weeks ago. The jet stream has given us an extra month of driving instead of looking out the window and wishing. No complaints! kmac, Jane Doe is a Jack Russell terrier and a natural ratter. If there were mice, she'd be glued to the spot. I have to get the dog hair out of the upholstery every now and then, but one can't ask for a better travelling companion. One guy at a cruise in offered to replace my fogged up passenger door glass. It was fine, but covered with dog snot (lol). Rockne10, I remember Patti Page. Babes had class back then, too. And Dwain, if not for your advice so freely given, Jane Doe might be riding in the brand X. Cheers!

Comment

Dave,
                  Yeah I could tell JaneDoe was a Jack. We had a river trip buddy that had the coolest Jack. That dog was so loyal to him. At his side no matter what and would do anything he told him to do. It was a smart dog, we loved it.
                  Unfortunaetly we have a neighbor that has a Jack that is just an idiot. He is non-stop barking, biting the fence, freaks out at any noise like a motorcycle, has bitten me twice, hard, even when I was invited into the house and standing with the owner.
                  I dont blame the dog though, the owners are idiots. They just dont get it.
                  Terriers can be GREAT dogs, they just need alot of attention, walks and entertainment, but then they are some of the best dogs. Forget about it if they get fixated on a varmint though, phwew. We LOVE our Maddie, a Westie like Dwains.

Dwain, I am really sorry to hear that you lost one of yours. You are doing a really cool thing taking in rescue dogs, and especially a breed that can have alot of issues if not raised well.

Comment

I signed Jane Doe up with the St.Johns for testing as a therapy dog. They asked on the phone what kind of dog she was and there was a pause, then: "Well, don't be disapponited if she doesn't pass". Most Jack Russell's are out of control. They get a steely glare in their eyes and a smile and you have to get their attention tout de suite, or they're gone. JD passed, logged over 400 visits to Alzhiemers wards, and now visits my 90 year old mother at the IOOF home , twice a week (and she's a babe magnet)

Comment

Exactly Dave. You gotta break the focus of terriers. For my Maddie, I can yell or swat her {not hit, I dont do that, just a pop to get her attention} but both usually dont get the job done. What I found helps the most is making a sound like a PSSTT, then calling her over, making her sit, and then make her shake...that seems to get her to focus on me and not whatever noise is freaking her out.

Comment

Working...
                      X