Vacuum Gage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo / Tach / Gauges: Vacuum Gage?

I would like to get a vacuum gage for my Power Hawk. One from a 56 G.H. or from the 57 G.H.
    The part numbers for 56 & 57 are not the same but what is the difference? Will the 57 & 58 work the same? Thanks.
    John

Originally posted by JER View Post
    I would like to get a vacuum gage for my Power Hawk. One from a 56 G.H. or from the 57 G.H.
    The part numbers for 56 & 57 are not the same but what is the difference? Will the 57 & 58 work the same? Thanks.
    John
    The '56 reads Vacuum; the '57 & '58 read both Vacuum & Pressure (supercharger pressure that is). They are the same size and can be made to fit any '56-'61 Hawk dash.

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
      The '56 reads Vacuum; the '57 & '58 read both Vacuum & Pressure (supercharger pressure that is). They are the same size and can be made to fit any '56-'61 Hawk dash.
      Thanks, Welcome, now all I need to do is find one that works and is not rusted.

Comment

Sometimes original, used, vacuum gauges can be sluggish after years of use (or non-use). Perhaps a new, close-match, aftermarket vacuum gauge of the correct diameter might be a better play on this one.

Comment

Stewart-Warner sold a nearly identical to the '56 vacuum gauge on the aftermaket for forty years. Don't limit your search just to Studes.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

Working...
          X