PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want to trade an Avanti 4 speed set-up for a Powershift automatic set-up?

avanti1963
03-15-2012, 02:46 PM
I have a rebuilt Powershift automatic set-up out of a 1963 Avanti and would like to trade for a 4 speed set-up. Have the bell housing,starter, driveshaft, flexplate(good, not cracked) torque converter(correct HR code), transmission, cooling lines, Powershift shifter and rods, brake pedal and hanger. Have some extra transmission parts(bushings,pan gasket,seals)that will go with it. Of course I would need all the 4 speed parts to make the swap. Can post pictures of all the other parts, will consider selling the complete set-up. Could meet at the Avanti Owners/SDC Meet in July/August to swap. David

Colgate Studebaker
04-16-2012, 09:59 PM
I saw your post a while back and was just beginning to do the opposite swap you are wanting. I am in the process of replacing the 4 speed in my brothers 63 Avanti with a powershift. Unfortunately, I already have all the parts for the conversion, however, my brother now wants to sell all the 4 speed stuff. I've got everything for the 4 speed from the trans, clutch, flywheel, crank bolts, hurst shifter, pedals( not the pedal mounting bracket),and console cover, and the radiator(without the trans cooler). If your interested, my brother has a price in mind, but is open to offers. There is 2700(yes 2700) miles on the completely rebuilt unit. Let me know what you think, thanks, Bill Van Alstyne.