Super Lark wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Lark wheels

Somewhere I read an article about Super Lark wheels, that they were 5" and not 4.5". Could someone clearify this for me? Maybe it was 64 and not 63? Thanks for the help
    PAUL

Yes some of the R Engined Cars did get Avanti 5 inch Wheels.

Also the 2 Door Sedans with the normally 13 ga. Frame should have the 11 ga. frame.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 03-15-2012, 11:16 AM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Paul: Cousin George Krem has been doing extensive research on the very first Super Larks and Super Hawks for an up-coming Turning Wheels article on same.

He has discovered that 5" wheels were originally specified as part of Package cars, but they "soon" began using the 4 1/2" wheels on those cars too.

George doesn't believe more than a dozen or so probably left South Bend with the wider wheels, if that many; all early cars. The article is scheduled to appear in a month or two (i.e., right away) so stay tuned for particulars. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

THANKS GUYS! I thought I read that somewhere and just wanted to confirm.
        PAUL

Comment

Our 63 R2 came with the smaller wheels. It is a full package car. The only difference in the wheels is that they were slightly different so that you could run them with the disc brakes and they wouldn't rub.

Comment

Originally posted by 58PackardWagon View Post
            Our 63 R2 came with the smaller wheels. It is a full package car. The only difference in the wheels is that they were slightly different so that you could run them with the disc brakes and they wouldn't rub.
            Hello I am wondering about your 63 full package lark. I have a 63 full package Daytona with super red paint and powershift radio delete. There were only 9 full package R2 larks built I have one there is one about an hour south of me and the one you have are the only 3 of 9 that I know of. Do you know about any others?
            John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

Working...
            X