PDA

View Full Version : 1949 Commander sedan

new2drive
03-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Is anyone out there looking for parts for a 49 commander? I plan on only keeping the overdrive transmission. So, before I go all out and take pictures, I would like to know if anyone wants me to send some out or is looking for a 49 or parts.

I am still working on my 40, but due to space restrictions I am looking to sell this off (the 49) or part it out. I would prefer to sell it whole though. It is a 4 door sedan.

new2drive
05-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Just bumping this up. Now that I have purchased the two 40's from Sam, I am looking to sell a 49 commander sedan, parts or otherwise. I hate to send it to the scrap yard, so pricing will be reasonable. I can get pics and answer any questions any potential buyer might have. Car is located in NW PA South of Erie, North of Pittsburgh (Cambridge Springs). It would be a very good parts car or restoration. Interrior is in pretty good shape.

RadioRoy
05-07-2012, 02:08 PM
The fellow in Gilbert, Minnesota was looking for some sheet metal from the front end.

new2drive
05-17-2012, 06:37 AM
Just a bump...
Car is located in Western PA. I won't be keeping the Dana rear end after all, so it will go with the car. Also I really don't want it to go to the crusher. If it comes to that, can you guys at least give me some advice on what parts (chrome and otherwise) to pull. The hood emblem/shield even has the laquer paint still in good shape.

BubbaBear
05-17-2012, 07:58 AM
Not from the 49 but do you think you will any parts left from one of the 40's for sale? Particularly a trunk lid?

wolfie
05-17-2012, 08:23 AM
Is anyone out there looking for parts for a 49 commander? I plan on only keeping the overdrive transmission. So, before I go all out and take pictures, I would like to know if anyone wants me to send some out or is looking for a 49 or parts.

I am still working on my 40, but due to space restrictions I am looking to sell this off (the 49) or part it out. I would prefer to sell it whole though. It is a 4 door sedan.

Post up a few basic pics. I have a nephew in Erie I will pass it along to. He might be interested. Steve

new2drive
05-17-2012, 08:44 AM
@BubbaBear, well, I'll have 3 very solid trunks. Provided I don't get rear ended any time soon I don't see why I couldn't part with one of them as I only plan on getting 2 of the 40's on the road and restored.

How's yours coming along? Send me a pm.