PDA

View Full Version : Two New Studebaker Owners & The New Trailer

Anne F. Goodman
03-11-2012, 07:14 PM
We bought a Car Trailer and boy have we used it in the last two weeks It hauled a old Chevy Pickup, then a new bed for said pickup. Friday it hauled a 1961 Lark that has a new owner he's 27 and the Lark has taken its first steps on back on the road. It has been sitting for around 25 years.
Then today we picked up a 1949 Studebaker for parts for Mabel But who knows. Here are pictures of each and the trailer. Oh the Trailer has a winch electric also. No more Dual-ling Come alongs. Yeah!!!

jclary
03-11-2012, 07:23 PM
When they start taxing "caso fun"...you're gonna be in a lot of trouble.:):p:)

62champ
03-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Is the deck lid some type of auxiliary braking system?? Glad to know some are getting another chance.

Anne F. Goodman
03-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Is the deck lid some type of auxiliary braking system?? Glad to know some are getting another chance.
David said it was some new kind of air brakes.

woodysrods
03-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Always fun to bring home something new, no matter who you are bringing it home for???
Good Roads
Brian

kmac530
03-11-2012, 11:30 PM
Nice trailer there...not to mention the cars and trucks.

laughinlark
03-11-2012, 11:40 PM
Looks like fun times to me too. The 61 looks like a deluxe. Nice shot of the 49 out the back. Great way to break in the new trailer.

Gordon S

StudeRich
03-12-2012, 02:54 AM
It is quite rare to find a Regal '61, they (had) very nice Interiors, the drip rail moulding, Grille surround and standard 4 head lights. It is even more rare to find a '61 Regal 6 Cylinder.

Anne F. Goodman
03-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Wow it was given to me about a year ago. I started collecting parts for it. I also was looking for a younger future Studebaker owner. This car David drove it up on the trailer we now have a 27 yr old "Hooked on Studes", he loved ours so now he has his own and we had a hand on getting another back on the road. I sold it to him for what we had in it. David is teaching him how to do things they are rebuilding the brakes. I was there Saturday installing the used tail lights adjusting the trunk lock, it finally works right now. It was a fun Saturday.

bridgegaurd
03-12-2012, 03:53 PM
Wow it was given to me about a year ago. I started collecting parts for it. I also was looking for a younger future Studebaker owner. This car David drove it up on the trailer we now have a 27 yr old "Hooked on Studes", he loved ours so now he has his own and we had a hand on getting another back on the road. I sold it to him for what we had in it. David is teaching him how to do things they are rebuilding the brakes. I was there Saturday installing the used tail lights adjusting the trunk lock, it finally works right now. It was a fun Saturday. Anne, you folks need to move next door to me, you have way too much fun. A Studebaker event in my nieghbor hood is the HOA calling and telling me i left the car on jackstands overnight in violation of rule 739