Salvage yard Studebakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salvage yard Studebakers

The owner of this old salvage yard won't sell anything but here are some pics.
    Attached Files

The one with the chevy hood on top must be a drop top , eh .

Comment

Who is oldwood? I hope you will consider joining the Arkansas chapter. Lots of info and encouragement.
      Last edited by 52-fan; 03-11-2012, 05:26 AM.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

To: oldwood,----------- Interesting photos! To Me, that '56 Champion two-door is especially intriguing!! (but...are the brake drums up front the V8 'finned' type?)

Comment

Looks like the nose on that '50 is still in good shape. Don't see that too much on '50s in salvage yard, the nose is almost always missing.
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

I'm curious why the owner won't sell. Wants them to deteriorate a bit more before pulling the trigger?
            ~Matt Connor
            '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

I don't know about this particular guy, but usually it means that he still thinks he is going to do something with them.
              Another possibility is that he is afraid he'll get cheated somehow. When I was in high school, a man near here sold a Model T touring for what people told him was too cheap. He got mad and, although people kept trying to buy them, let several Model As behind his house rot into the ground.
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

I wouldn't mind having that '56.

Comment

Originally posted by oldwood View Post
                  The owner of this old salvage yard won't sell anything but here are some pics.
                  any reason why?
                  1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Yeah, I've seen several old cars I wanted, and always was told "I'm gonna fix it up someday" and someday never came....
                    By the time the "family" (usually because the owner died before doing anything) sold the car, it was garbage.....

Comment

I just spoke with the owner of this salvage yard and everything is for sale. I'm planning on buying a few to sell. If you interested let me know.

Comment

The White station wagon is the retractable roof type. FYI

Comment

so what all are you planning to buy?

Comment

I met with the man today and he is going to get me some prices. Tuesday of this week my 22ft car hauling trailer and '55 Imperial were stolen from my shop. The Little Rock Cops are worthless. Anything I buy I am going to part out to try and start putting my money back to buy another trailer. 50 here a 100 there and before long I can start looking at another trailer. The thieve's cost me around 4k.

Comment

sorry to hear that man. did you by chance put a stolen alert on the HAMB? Those guys have a good track record of finding people's rides.

If you end up with the wagon... I wouldnt mind seeing more pictures... might need a few parts for my 65'

Comment

Working...
                              X