PDA

View Full Version : The Peterson Museum meet-Now with picture link!!

Warren Webb
03-10-2012, 08:00 PM
I was just wondering who is attending the meet tomorrow? Haven't seen any thread or posts about it & hope there is more interest.

Now with pictures ....see post #12 below for link

Alan
03-10-2012, 09:09 PM
I will be there. Will be wearing a red wind breaker.

AlexM
03-10-2012, 09:36 PM
I plan to be there with my red 54.

doug
03-10-2012, 10:15 PM
I'll be in the swap area (with good stuff) across the street from the "rock". It made it.

Bullet
03-10-2012, 10:24 PM
I was planning on being there, but did not get my car back in time, so can't. I would miss the 10am deadline to be in place. Will have to see you all at La Palma.

Mark

SilverHawkDan
03-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Was planning to be there but found out today that it won't be happening again this year. I was really looking forward to hanging out with Studebaker people. Seeing the latest at the museum would have been great too. So maybe next year. So I will set my sights on the La Palma meet. Have fun and I'll be thinking aout you and all the fun your having.
Dan

showbizkid
03-10-2012, 11:45 PM
I'll be coming up with a buddy!

brngarage
03-10-2012, 11:51 PM
C'mon guys, I've heard from Studebaker people who are coming from San Diego, Camarillo, Riverside and other places. We are expecting a GREAT show and a big crowd. Come one, come all!! See you all tomorrow!!

Alan
03-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Today at Peterson.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g171/artcloud/IMG_0048.jpg

55 years ago at San Fernando Raceway.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g171/artcloud/scan0012-4-1.jpg

(S)
03-11-2012, 03:55 PM
I used to try and make it evey-other -year, but the costs to get there now are too much for me. See you guys at La Palma?

Skybolt
03-11-2012, 06:26 PM
I was there today. My first Studebaker outing and met quite a few people and saw plenty of excellent Studebakers. I was parked across from the Packard in the photo above. I was so busy looking at cars an meeting people I didn't take any photos so if any one has some to share I would like to see them.

Thanks to all who brought there cars and every one else who turned up for the show. I had great day and my 59 loved the freeway drive. Sitting on 80+ mph it what it does best.

Len.

Warren Webb
03-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Well, it says 134 pictures in the photobucket album so if you dare to go there, be prepared! Great turnout & one of the best Peterson meets for quality cars (IMHO) so far. It was nice meeting some from the forum, some new faces, some not so new (LOL). It was a bit chilly & breezy but we shouldn't complain compared to some other parts. Hope y'all enjoy the pictures. It was my first meet with the new camera.

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll261/WarrenWebb/

showbizkid
03-11-2012, 10:05 PM
Nice shots, Warren! It was good seeing you today :) And everyone else too!

Steve T
03-12-2012, 04:24 PM
I really like the bronze '63 with the '66 nose on it...cool combination that must cause lots of doubletakes at SDC meets!

S.

Roscomacaw
03-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Does anyone know who the 58 Commander hardtop belongs to? Thanks for the pics Warren!

laughinlark
03-12-2012, 08:47 PM
I like the 62 Long Roof. That wagon is cool. Is that a ribbon for the longest distance traveled? Looks to have Idaho plates.

Gordon S

brngarage
03-13-2012, 10:20 AM
LaughinLark:
I think the ribbon is for "most under restored".

laughinlark
03-13-2012, 07:12 PM
Thanks brngarage, Thought it was long distance. I sure like the ones that are driven regularly or recently found and loved. I'm kind of partial to the Wagons. My first car was a 62 Lark Wagon.

Gordon S

JoeHall
03-13-2012, 09:55 PM
Well, it says 134 pictures in the photobucket album so if you dare to go there, be prepared! Great turnout & one of the best Peterson meets for quality cars (IMHO) so far. It was nice meeting some from the forum, some new faces, some not so new (LOL). It was a bit chilly & breezy but we shouldn't complain compared to some other parts. Hope y'all enjoy the pictures. It was my first meet with the new camera.http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll261/WarrenWebb/

Warren,
I don't see Bob Detreic's sunglow & snowcap 56J. I hope he is doing well nowdays. Was he there?

Thanks,
Joe Hall

mapman
03-19-2012, 10:31 PM
The '62 wagon is mine. My daughter and I came down for the meet and to spend some time with my aunt and uncle during her spring break. She really wanted to see the museums and all the cars. She graduates college in may so this was kind of a reward for her. She loved southern California. I enjoyed meeting a few of you but she was only there for 3 days so we toured the museum. She flew out on tuesday and I stayed and helped Uncle Dan get his newest avanti going again. I just got home this evening from a great trip.
The wagon really came out of a barn where it had been stored for about 20 years. I replaced the front clip redid the brakes, replaced the transmission and started driving it abut 6 months ago... After cleaning out the mice. The car had no problems although it threw an old belt. I had a replacement with me. No other problems except I left the gas cap in Winnemucca. I hope to get back again soon.
Rob