• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my high school parking lot in 1967

Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan_Pic0009.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	1734814this is a picture in my high school annualClick image for larger version

Name:	Scan_Pic0007.jpg
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	1734813

I really like the wagon behind the VWs. Evan
    Evan Davis
    Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Originally posted by fargoguy View Post
      I really like the wagon behind the VWs. Evan
      The '60 Dart? The '64 Datsun 410? or the '58 Provincial?

I'll take the black '61 Crusier!!

Craig

Comment

I was talking about the Provincial- but the Dart is great too! Check out the Venetian Blinds in the back of the 64 Chevy- also see a nice 61 Impala convert.
        Evan Davis
        Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

I graduated high school in 1967. On the rare occasions that I drove my car to school, there would be 2 Larks in the parking lot. My Bahama Blue 1959 VI and the Austin boys Maroon1960 VIII. Both where 4 doors. About 6 years later I salvaged the Delco window type distributor from the remains of the 1960.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

I graduated in '72 but drove a '63 Daytona Hardtop (259 V8, 3-spd w/ OD) in my junior and senior year. A friend of mine had a '64 Cruiser. They were the only Studebakers in the parking lot. ;-)

Comment

I graduated in '59 from a high school of about 2200 that had no parking lot. I don't think the neighbors were happy about the parking situation for several blocks around.
              Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
              50 Champion 2 door*
              53 Commander K Auto*
              53 Commander K overdrive*
              55 President Speedster
              62 GT 4Speed*
              63 Avanti R1*
              64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

I was in high school back in that time frame and your pictures look typical of the era. Thanks for posting them. About 1969 or 70 there was some student at my school driving a beat up white '60 Lark convertible, but I didn't know who it was. I'm sure the car has gone off to the happy hunting ground by now. Another guy I knew had a black '59 V-8 hardtop, but on the way to school one morning he skidded into a ditch and that was the end of it. The damage wasn't too bad, but a typical '59 Lark in Western PA in 1970 was virtually worthless and not considered fixable.

Dave Bonn
                '54 Champion Starliner

Comment

I drove a 1957 Silver Hawk in High School which is not in this picture (I parked in a other lot). That car was totaled. My friend Ronnie drove a 62 GT Hawk (we had the only Hawks in HS). A few months ago I was able to buy Ronnie's Hawk (Ronnie has passed ) and I am going to restore it. Click image for larger version

Name:	1962 Studebaker 003.jpg
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	1672138

Comment

I'm guessing your HS was in Tucson judging by the rustfree cars?
                    --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Yes, Tucson, Amphi HS, I wish it was rust free, the car was parked in 1976 outside. Being a Arizona boy I have not had a rusty car before. Every third bolt or screw brakes or rounds off. How do you eastern guys do it?

Comment

We plan on them breaking, and are pleasantly surprised when they don't!
                        Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

I remember a '50 or '51 Starlight Coupe that some guy had when I attended Kailua High School in 1964, but when I came back to Fayetteville for '65 and '66, I do not beleive there was a single Studebaker in the Fayetteville High School parking lot. In a school with a graduating class of 580 I would have thought there would have been at least one.
                          Joe Roberts
                          '61 R1 Champ
                          '65 Cruiser
                          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
                          X