PDA

View Full Version : Sdc membership

Marie Mac
03-07-2012, 01:11 PM
It seems to be taking forever to receive my membership status...they can't even tell me if they got the application...is this normal?...seems very untimely...like 3 weeks...

warrlaw1
03-07-2012, 01:16 PM
I never knew mine had expired until I stopped receiving TW. I sent them my renewal with a cc# and they screwed that up and sent me a letter saying the card wasn't valid (been using it for a long time), so I sent them a company cheque written on a Canadian Bank. Let's see if they have the smarts to put it in their own bank. I love the club, but I'm idiot intolerant. If it gets anymore difficult, I'll take a year or two off.

j.byrd
03-07-2012, 03:02 PM
I have tried since I got settled in here to re-up my subscription with no luck at all on the phone after SEVERAL tries over the last 3 or 4 months. I really don't like doing money business over the computer, and have read too many things on these forums to rely on getting results from snail mail. Sure miss the Dallas subscription folks and my monthly fix with T.W. I wonder if anyone is ever in the "office" to receive calls, and does anyone have any suggestions? All I want is a human voice to answer the phone and to start getting the magazine again. Warrlaw1, I also didn't realize mine had lapsed, but by the time I did, we were in the moving process, and I blamed it on the Post Office as some of us are prone to do- - -usually wrongly- - John

jimmijim8
03-07-2012, 03:37 PM
tell us how you really fee with a noseless face. you sho-em. cheers jimmijim
I never knew mine had expired until I stopped receiving TW. I sent them my renewal with a cc# and they screwed that up and sent me a letter saying the card wasn't valid (been using it for a long time), so I sent them a company cheque written on a Canadian Bank. Let's see if they have the smarts to put it in their own bank. I love the club, but I'm idiot intolerant. If it gets anymore difficult, I'll take a year or two off.

studegary
03-07-2012, 03:48 PM
I have tried since I got settled in here to re-up my subscription with no luck at all on the phone after SEVERAL tries over the last 3 or 4 months. I really don't like doing money business over the computer, and have read too many things on these forums to rely on getting results from snail mail. Sure miss the Dallas subscription folks and my monthly fix with T.W. I wonder if anyone is ever in the "office" to receive calls, and does anyone have any suggestions? All I want is a human voice to answer the phone and to start getting the magazine again. Warrlaw1, I also didn't realize mine had lapsed, but by the time I did, we were in the moving process, and I blamed it on the Post Office as some of us are prone to do- - -usually wrongly- - John

The Dallas folks may have been nice to talk to, but they took SDC for more than $100K.

studegary
03-07-2012, 03:52 PM
It seems to be taking forever to receive my membership status...they can't even tell me if they got the application...is this normal?...seems very untimely...like 3 weeks...

How did you apply? Did you apply online, via telephone or by US mail?
Did you apply directly to CR or did your application go through a third party, such as an SDC Chapter?
How did you pay? If you paid by check, see if it cleared the bank (CR may be waiting for it to clear). If you paid by credit card, check to see if your account was charged for the transaction.

warrlaw1
03-07-2012, 03:55 PM
LOL, jimmijim. I had a client once that had his nose bit off in a bar. He also had a glass eye. Still, he was very popular with the ladies. One guy quipped that he must have had a thing "this long". To which I replied; "Doesn't everybody"?

2R5
03-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Gee , I've been a member for 25 years and I have always been notified about 2 months before my due date.

Marie Mac
03-07-2012, 04:08 PM
Thanks, I'm new at this...I did get to talk to a body, but she couldn't even find out if my app had been received...very frustrating...

Marie Mac
03-07-2012, 07:03 PM
I feel your pain!
A crooning attorney???...velly intewesting.....

gs-xnr
03-07-2012, 08:02 PM
The membership was instant when I joined online. Renewing is also available online.
Harvey

Marie Mac
03-07-2012, 09:17 PM
How did you apply? Did you apply online, via telephone or by US mail?
Did you apply directly to CR or did your application go through a third party, such as an SDC Chapter?
How did you pay? If you paid by check, see if it cleared the bank (CR may be waiting for it to clear). If you paid by credit card, check to see if your account was charged for the transaction.

I mailed a check--has not cleared yet...I should have paid online...hindsight!

wcarroll@outrageous.net
03-07-2012, 09:29 PM
With all the recent talk of increasing and expanding membership, and all the time, money and energy spent marketing our club you would expect the membership experience to be easy and pleasant.

Hearing of some of these negative experiences is somewhat disturbing.

studefan
03-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Wcarroll, I was thinking the same thing. This needs to be fixed.

Welcome Marie!!!

Marie Mac
03-07-2012, 10:16 PM
Wcarroll, I was thinking the same thing. This needs to be fixed.

Welcome Marie!!!

Thank you...I'm happy to be aboard...looking forward to participating in club events...

Skip Lackie
03-08-2012, 08:22 AM
The position of membership secretary is a paid position. In other words, it is normally performed by a commercial company that specializes in providing such services. The contract is normally awarded for two year periods, and the selections are usually made every other year at the International Meet by the board of directors. If members are unhappy with the service they are receiving from this or any other paid service provider, they should report their experience to their board member. Their mailing and email addresses are listed on the last page of every copy of TW. Complaining here on the forum may provide some useful info, but it is unlikely to actually improve the situration unless the board member(s) happen to read this thread.

Suggest that those having membership-related problems report them to their board member, either by sending them an email, or at least sending them a link to this thread and asking them to look into the problem. Even if the problem is an anomaly, some pressure from a board member might jack things up a bit. The same advice applies to those experiencing poor service from any of the other service providers that the club pays for. The club usually gets several bids from competing firms for all of our paid positions, so the board does have some influence on matters of poor performance.

All of that said, I think most of us have had bad experiences bone-headed staff at DMVs, stores, or other commercial firms. So we should also judge them by how quickly they resolve the problem.

wheelsm
03-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Hello Marie.

I just returned from a business trip today and saw your post. I'm sorry to hear you have not been getting satisfactory answers from Cornerstone. I'd be happy to look into this matter further if you would provide me with more information. Your Forum profile didn't give me enough information to identify you. Please send an e-mail directly to mark@cornerstonereg.com so I can assist you with this matter. Thank you.

- Mark Wheeler, President
Cornerstone Registration, Ltd.
SDC Membership Secretary

Dick Clemens
03-08-2012, 02:04 PM
I have never had anything but the best relations with Cornerstone in all my dealings, and there have been many. They have returned my calls promptly and been very proffessional and yet personal in handling my requests. Having been a member for 45 years I feel they do a superb job of handling our business. Remember they are servicing many other clubs also.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

studegary
03-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Thanks for posting, Mark. Now the ball is back in Marie's court. I hope that this has been resolved by the time that I post this.
I have been a very big supporter of Mark and CR since they first got the SDC contract and I was on the SDC Board.

BobPalma
03-08-2012, 02:43 PM
What Gary said. Mark Wheeler and Cornerstone Registration have always provided exemplary service to SDC, IMHO. BP

j.byrd
03-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the comments, Marie, thanks for this thread, and Mark, thanks for the instant reply, I called the lady at registration (Julie?) and am now back on the mailing list. AND, Bob Palma, if you said public enemy No 1 was a good guy, I would change my mind and like him too, Ha ! Thanks folks, John

stupak
03-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Being a Life Member of SDC for almost 41 years (I know....I know, what a deal), I have not needed the renewal service. BUT......I have had several other issues over the years and Cornerstone/Mark have ALWAYS responded, if not immediately, certainly in a day or two. I am certain this little glitch will be corrected promptly. stupak

wheelsm
03-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Hi all.

I conversed with both John and Marie today via e-mail. I appreciate theirs and everyone's comments here. It helps me to improve Cornerstone's service. I felt it would benefit all of us if I share my conversation with them today:

I took to heart John's comments about not being able to reach a live person on the phone. Cornerstone has experienced some business grown recently, but unfortunately our phone system has not kept up. This is my fault. I naively believed people would leave a message if our phone lines were busy. We have a policy that ALL messages are returned by the end of the business day. What I didn't realize is that many people are uncomfortable leaving voice mail messages. I am going to look into new phone equipment as well as review staff schedules to ensure we have better phone coverage.

As for Marie's membership application, we have not received and/or processed it yet. She informed me that she mailed it about two or three weeks ago. While it can take up to two weeks to process a membership application (we receive over 200 pieces of mail a day), and sometimes three weeks during "membership crunch time" (end of the year), it seems very out of the norm to me that we have not received/processed hers yet. I have put out an APB to my data-entry staff to keep an eye out for it. In the meantime, I have personally mailed out the January, February and March 2012 issues of Turning Wheels to her today.

Please, if you have a concern, e-mail me at mark@cornerstonereg.com. I don't have the luxury of reading this Forum every day, so I may miss something. If you e-mail me directly with your concern, I will get it right away (even if I am out of town) and take action on it.

- Mark Wheeler, President
Cornerstone Registration, Ltd.
SDC Membership Secretary

rockne10
03-08-2012, 10:01 PM
I can add to Mark's message. Expect additional delays if you decide to conduct membership business while Cornerstone is attending any of the national meets they serve.

Chris Pile
03-09-2012, 12:01 AM
Mark has never failed me. Fast and courteous.

Stu Chapman
03-09-2012, 07:53 AM
What Gary said. Mark Wheeler and Cornerstone Registration have always provided exemplary service to SDC, IMHO. BP

I totally agree with Bob and Gary also. Since Mark has already responded, let's hope everyone is satisfied. Happy Studebakering.
Stu Chapman

Marie Mac
03-09-2012, 12:37 PM
Mark Wheeler has been in touch with me, and I can say that he has been courteous, helpful and more than fair...we are trying to get the problem resolved...looks like I "poked a beehive"--was not my intention...just excited to get involved with my Hawk...
Marie

warrlaw1
03-09-2012, 01:11 PM
Good for you, Marie and good for Mark, too. Now set your calendar for the international meet in July :)

Marie Mac
03-09-2012, 01:28 PM
I'm trying to work that out--annual beach weeks are last 2 weeks of July...trying for the first days of August to make the meet...something I would really like to do...

Son O Lark
03-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Never had a problem with Cornerstone. Quickly returned my call.(I left a message) Very easy to re-up with a CC number. I'm in your corner Cornerstone!