Sdc membership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sdc membership

It seems to be taking forever to receive my membership status...they can't even tell me if they got the application...is this normal?...seems very untimely...like 3 weeks...

I never knew mine had expired until I stopped receiving TW. I sent them my renewal with a cc# and they screwed that up and sent me a letter saying the card wasn't valid (been using it for a long time), so I sent them a company cheque written on a Canadian Bank. Let's see if they have the smarts to put it in their own bank. I love the club, but I'm idiot intolerant. If it gets anymore difficult, I'll take a year or two off.
    Last edited by warrlaw1; 03-07-2012, 11:15 AM.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I have tried since I got settled in here to re-up my subscription with no luck at all on the phone after SEVERAL tries over the last 3 or 4 months. I really don't like doing money business over the computer, and have read too many things on these forums to rely on getting results from snail mail. Sure miss the Dallas subscription folks and my monthly fix with T.W. I wonder if anyone is ever in the "office" to receive calls, and does anyone have any suggestions? All I want is a human voice to answer the phone and to start getting the magazine again. Warrlaw1, I also didn't realize mine had lapsed, but by the time I did, we were in the moving process, and I blamed it on the Post Office as some of us are prone to do- - -usually wrongly- - John

Comment

tell us how you really fee with a noseless face. you sho-em. cheers jimmijim
        Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
        I never knew mine had expired until I stopped receiving TW. I sent them my renewal with a cc# and they screwed that up and sent me a letter saying the card wasn't valid (been using it for a long time), so I sent them a company cheque written on a Canadian Bank. Let's see if they have the smarts to put it in their own bank. I love the club, but I'm idiot intolerant. If it gets anymore difficult, I'll take a year or two off.
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Originally posted by j.byrd View Post
          I have tried since I got settled in here to re-up my subscription with no luck at all on the phone after SEVERAL tries over the last 3 or 4 months. I really don't like doing money business over the computer, and have read too many things on these forums to rely on getting results from snail mail. Sure miss the Dallas subscription folks and my monthly fix with T.W. I wonder if anyone is ever in the "office" to receive calls, and does anyone have any suggestions? All I want is a human voice to answer the phone and to start getting the magazine again. Warrlaw1, I also didn't realize mine had lapsed, but by the time I did, we were in the moving process, and I blamed it on the Post Office as some of us are prone to do- - -usually wrongly- - John
          The Dallas folks may have been nice to talk to, but they took SDC for more than $100K.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by Marie Mac View Post
            It seems to be taking forever to receive my membership status...they can't even tell me if they got the application...is this normal?...seems very untimely...like 3 weeks...
            How did you apply? Did you apply online, via telephone or by US mail?
            Did you apply directly to CR or did your application go through a third party, such as an SDC Chapter?
            How did you pay? If you paid by check, see if it cleared the bank (CR may be waiting for it to clear). If you paid by credit card, check to see if your account was charged for the transaction.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

LOL, jimmijim. I had a client once that had his nose bit off in a bar. He also had a glass eye. Still, he was very popular with the ladies. One guy quipped that he must have had a thing "this long". To which I replied; "Doesn't everybody"?
              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Gee , I've been a member for 25 years and I have always been notified about 2 months before my due date.
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Thanks, I'm new at this...I did get to talk to a body, but she couldn't even find out if my app had been received...very frustrating...

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
                    I feel your pain!
                    A crooning attorney???...velly intewesting.....

Comment

The membership was instant when I joined online. Renewing is also available online.
                      Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                        How did you apply? Did you apply online, via telephone or by US mail?
                        Did you apply directly to CR or did your application go through a third party, such as an SDC Chapter?
                        How did you pay? If you paid by check, see if it cleared the bank (CR may be waiting for it to clear). If you paid by credit card, check to see if your account was charged for the transaction.
                        I mailed a check--has not cleared yet...I should have paid online...hindsight!

Comment

With all the recent talk of increasing and expanding membership, and all the time, money and energy spent marketing our club you would expect the membership experience to be easy and pleasant.

Hearing of some of these negative experiences is somewhat disturbing.

Comment

Wcarroll, I was thinking the same thing. This needs to be fixed.

Welcome Marie!!!
                            Last edited by studefan; 03-07-2012, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by studefan View Post
                              Wcarroll, I was thinking the same thing. This needs to be fixed.

Welcome Marie!!!

Thank you...I'm happy to be aboard...looking forward to participating in club events...

Comment

Working...
                              X