Ya never know who's watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya never know who's watching

Just got back from an event in Colorado Springs (which was why I couldn't stay longer in South Bend), and while there, was chatting with another car-crazy person about all the classic cars we saw that were out on the interstates while traveling.

He said the absolute COOLEST thing he saw was was this big Orange Studebaker truck, towing (in his words), at least 3 studebakers on a trailer. He recalls it being on I-90 in South Dakota, headed East.

Ya just don't see something like that every day, he remarked.

And I know exactly what he meant too, as I was riding West on I-80 coming into Omaha Nebraska from Iowa, I came up on this gorgeous white trailer with the words 1957 Studebaker Golden Hawk plastered all over it with Nebraska plates.

The trailer was simply awesome, I can only imagine what the Hawk inside must have looked like.

So people do notice these sorts of things.....ya just never know who's watching.

Next year, where ever the event will be held, I plan on staying a little longer. This time I already had prior commitments long before I became a Stude owner.

Karl

1962 GT Hawk 4sp

I suspect that what he saw was Jay Derbridge's (aka Battleborn) E-45 diesel tractor hauling its load back to Ely, Nevada from South Bend. I think that Jay brought out 2 Avanti's, but I think that he swapped off with his dad and took an Avanti and their 4x4 back.

Comment

I suspect that what he saw was Jay Derbridge's (aka Battleborn) E-45 diesel tractor hauling its load back to Ely, Nevada from South Bend. I think that Jay brought out 2 Avanti's, but I think that he swapped off with his dad and took an Avanti and their 4x4 back.

Comment

Although I think it strange Jay would be on I90 in South Dakota to head to Nevada, who knows what he was up to. The white trailer Karl saw on I-80 was Larry and Diane Hradek from Norfolk, Nebraska just up the road from me about 100 miles. They were heading to SB, their 57 Golden Hawk has won about every award you can win, real nice car.
        And now you know the rest of the story.
        Frank van Doorn
        Omaha, Ne.
        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Although I think it strange Jay would be on I90 in South Dakota to head to Nevada, who knows what he was up to. The white trailer Karl saw on I-80 was Larry and Diane Hradek from Norfolk, Nebraska just up the road from me about 100 miles. They were heading to SB, their 57 Golden Hawk has won about every award you can win, real nice car.
          And now you know the rest of the story.
          Frank van Doorn
          Omaha, Ne.
          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
          1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
          1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Working...
          X