Line Lock switch NEEDED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line Lock switch NEEDED

I need (want) a old (chrome) line/loc switch that goes on the shifter. I could use the whole kit, but I already have everything except the period correct button (switch). Anyone have one for sale?
    Last edited by Flashback; 03-07-2012, 06:21 AM.

In all of the Commercial Trucks like my rollback Car hauler that I have seen, the line lock is mounted in the dash, no need for it to be on the shifter, that is where the two Speed rear axle shifter is normally mounted.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

If he's using it for drag racing, the dash location would be unhandy. Maybe someone here has a period correct one for this application.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

I am sorry. I didn't make myself clear. LINE LOC? ROLL CONTROL, as in HURST. I want a 60's button that goes on the HURST shifter, for a line loc. Not one for like is in my wrecker (commercial). The early one's were chrome with a red button and a band to go around the Hurst shifter. This is a Hurst item, not any other brand. Old drag racers will know what I want. I want one for my 53 coupe.

Comment

Just a quick look on eBay got this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hurst-Shifte...t_562wt_1165If that's not the one , there's a few others.
          You also might look on the H.A.M.B. etc.
          Bill H
          Daytona Beach
          SDC member since 1970
          Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

Originally posted by shifter4 View Post
            Just a quick look on eBay got this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hurst-Shifte...t_562wt_1165If that's not the one , there's a few others.
            You also might look on the H.A.M.B. etc.
            Tex

The switch shown above is included with the Hurst line-loc kit.

I have this exact set up ready to install on my 74 Avanti but a word of caution. I mocked up the switch on the Hurst shift handle on the Comp plus shifter and the rubber that holds it to the shifter is cr@p. It split shortly after I installed it.

I'd advise you to continue your search for the one in your initial post. I hope you find it as I'll be in the market for one shortly.

Good luck, Bob

Comment

Working...
            X