After dinner mint 3-06-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After dinner mint 3-06-12

Last edited by Gary1953; 03-06-2012, 09:03 PM.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Beautiful car. I really like the grille shell on these models.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Beautiful car Gary. Did you take this picture at the Arizona meet? Between this and the '28 Roadster the other night, you are really on a winning streak.

I don't know pre-war Studebakers, but from the shape of the fenders and the disc wheels, I'd have to say 1923-1925. This was just about the zenith of American Car Design, as cars were both stately and practical. The only thing better would be if this car could have had the artillery wheels of the roadster beyond it.

Comment

This is a late 1927 Commander or President. The short rear quarter window would indicate Commander. The acorn style headlights, ribbed bumpers and scroll type door handles are 1927 only items. Late 1927 because the door handles were a mid 1927 change. It can be identified as a Commander(289 ci 6 cyl.) or President (354 ci 6 cyl.) because it has demountable wheels (wheel nuts on hub), Dictators have demountable rims, otherwise they look the same. The colours are correct for 1927 as well.

Terry

Comment

This was taken at Glendale in 2010.
          Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO

Comment

Originally posted by dictator27 View Post
            This is a late 1927 Commander or President. The short rear quarter window would indicate Commander. The acorn style headlights, ribbed bumpers and scroll type door handles are 1927 only items. Late 1927 because the door handles were a mid 1927 change. It can be identified as a Commander(289 ci 6 cyl.) or President (354 ci 6 cyl.) because it has demountable wheels (wheel nuts on hub), Dictators have demountable rims, otherwise they look the same. The colours are correct for 1927 as well.

Terry
            Terry; You got most of it right but the Commander EW also had the Big Six engine (354 c.i.). The 1925-26 Special Six was the last with the 289 Six.
            Richard Quinn
            Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
              Terry; You got most of it right but the Commander EW also had the Big Six engine (354 c.i.). The 1925-26 Special Six was the last with the 289 Six.
              D'oh!!

Terry

Comment

Working...
              X