Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Bumper Suppliers from 1934 to 1958

Hello Studebaker Drivers
    I am trying to do some research on Michigan Bumper Co. which was later Michigan Plating and Stamping. The information I am seeking is whether or not they manufactured bumpers for General Motors and/or Chevy trucks, but there is a Studebaker connection.
    While searching the internet I did find that MBC had a contract to make bumpers for Studebakers. Some Chevy trucks have a MBC stamped on of them and no one knows why. I am curious if any of you have seen MBC stamped on any Studebaker bumpers. If so, that might solve the mystery of the MBC.

Thanks for any information.

Contact JDP here in the forum. I believe he worked for a company that supplied Studebaker with bumpers in the 60's although I dont know if it was Michigan Plating.

P.S. Welcome to the forum!!
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
      Contact JDP here in the forum. I believe he worked for a company that supplied Studebaker with bumpers in the 60's although I dont know if it was Michigan Plating.<<<
      Back in the 50's & 60's the Rockwell Standard plant in Mishawaka, IN was a bumper supplier ...and JDP worked there.

Comment

Most people do no realize the first company that Charlie Bludhorm purchased on his arrival in the US was Michigan Plating & Stamping. It was the first company of what was to become Gulf & Western Industries a conglomerate of over 1,400 companies at one time. It was rumored he bought Michigan Plating & Stamping because of the Studebaker contracts. I worked for Gulf & Western for 4 years in the late 70's. I had forgotten completely about this until Super55 posting.
        John Hull

Comment

Working...
        X