Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Stupid' question: is sheetmetal more available for a 1962 Lark vs. other Stude cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Stupid' question: is sheetmetal more available for a 1962 Lark vs. other Stude cars?

Why I wonder is there seems to be a plethora of tin out there for 1962 Larks vs. 1963 up and 1961 down. I know I'm in real good shape for front doors since they fit 1955 1/2 to my year as well as Champ trucks. And I read the thread here on how difficult it is to find a trunk lid for a 1964-66 Lark type.

In other words: what would I be worth snagging to keep as replacement metal?
    --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

62 decklids were common too, but supplys are low. rear body panels are getting low. the part between the roof and the 1/4 panel often called a c pillar (skin) is a part that rusts through from the inside, and getting rare. The 62 is a car you can still find the metal for, but has other rare parts that are hard to find. (or expensive)

These are hard finds/ expensive comparred to most: windsheild, front bumper,frt fenders, tailight housings, gas cap, dash pad, grille mesh, gold lark bird/s but they are out there!
    Last edited by (S); 03-06-2012, 12:20 PM.

Comment

The only stupid question is the one never asked.
      John Clements
      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Working...
      X