fuel tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: fuel tank

Where can I find a new or repop fuel tank for a 54 Starlight Coupe?

Would a good used one solve your problem?
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

I had the original from my 55 redone by "GasTank Renu". Coated and baked inside and out. No problems.
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Go the "GasTank Renue" route and your done for liife. Done my 63 Avanti tank.

Comment

No NOS or repop tanks available for your model.
          Frank van Doorn
          Omaha, Ne.
          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
          1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
          1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Originally posted by tbear View Post
            Where can I find a new or repop fuel tank for a 54 Starlight Coupe?
            Tom,

I have a tank out of a '56 Power Hawk that I had cleaned and coated but I'm not going to use it now. I don't know the differences between the '54 and '56 but maybe someone can let us know.

Comment

I believe the '56 Hawk tank will work. the difference is in the fuel outlet; the early ones have a fitting on the tank and on later ones the tube comes out of the top (as part of the fuel sender).
              Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
              '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
              '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
              '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I talked with Baker54 and what he has should work. Best part is he's only an hour or so away. Life is good!!

Comment

Don't discard your old tanks. Even the worst ones can be repaired, and the day will come when you'll be happy to have anything to work with.
                  Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                  X