View Full Version : 1965 Master Cylinder interchange

07-03-2007, 11:30 AM
I will need to replace the master cylinder in my 1965 Daytona, which has manual, drum brakes. I have heard of an interchange with a 1975 (?) AMC Pacer, but I don't know if that only works with power brakes or can be used with manual brakes.

Does anyone know for sure of an interchange that will work in this case? The one in the car has two large lumps on the top that fit under the retaining wire for the top. I've seen similar ones on other cars, but I don't know about any other specifications of this type.

07-03-2007, 06:47 PM
I don't know the answer to your question, but I'll bet you can find it here:


07-03-2007, 06:54 PM
We put a dual MC for a '74 Jeep on my Daytona. It has a single bolt to hold the cover on.

Matthew Burnette
'59 Scotsman
'63 Daytona
Hazlehurst, GA

Cruising the Proving Ground Test Track

52 Ragtop
07-04-2007, 09:18 AM
try one of these: Advance Auto Parts 11373, Napa MC 36237 Autozone NM1373 These are all the same, different brands, should be what you need.


07-04-2007, 10:40 AM
I've used a Wagner # F56193 on my 64 Commander with manual drum brakes. It has the bolt down cover.


07-04-2007, 02:42 PM
I've recently read about the Napa 36237 interchange for drum brake equipped cars, so I'll try ordering one. They're well under $100, exchange. The one in the car now is a clamp down type with two bolts ( I think) to the firewall. I think all the original ones have a cover that had one bolt or screw through it, but although it might be nice to have one like that, it isn't essential to me that this component remain exactly as issued by the factory. It's interesting the Wagner one might have such a cover.