Lark Skirts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark Skirts?

Are Fender skirts available for th 61 larks? I thought i saw a convert on here. Just bought a 61 4 door, and would like to find a set of skirts for it if they exist. Will post pics of the lark soon. Evan

Evan Davis
    Prairie Bulletin
    Saskatchewan Chapter
    Prince Albert, Sk
    Evan Davis
    Prince Albert, Sk

Google is your friend:

Fender Skirts by FenderSkirtdepot.com specializing in Fender Skirts for all Cars And Trucks, Fender Skirts For Sale, Fender Skirts, sunvisors, sun visors

JDP/Maryland
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    63 GT R2
    63 Lark 2 door
    62 Gt Hawk
    62 Lark 2 door
    60 Lark HT-60Hawk
    59 3E truck
    58 Starlight
    52 & 53 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Google is your friend:

Fender Skirts by FenderSkirtdepot.com specializing in Fender Skirts for all Cars And Trucks, Fender Skirts For Sale, Fender Skirts, sunvisors, sun visors

JDP/Maryland
      64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
      63 GT R2
      63 Lark 2 door
      62 Gt Hawk
      62 Lark 2 door
      60 Lark HT-60Hawk
      59 3E truck
      58 Starlight
      52 & 53 Starliner
      51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

They look nice with skirts like these on Frank Drumheller's (Studelark) 60 Lark. I would like to see the pictures of your 61 Lark.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

They look nice with skirts like these on Frank Drumheller's (Studelark) 60 Lark. I would like to see the pictures of your 61 Lark.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Leonard,

Just seeing that picture of Somerset makes me hot! (For the unaware, this show happens the last weekend of August and invaribly it is in the upper 90's with no shade in sight).

Gary

Comment

Leonard,

Just seeing that picture of Somerset makes me hot! (For the unaware, this show happens the last weekend of August and invaribly it is in the upper 90's with no shade in sight).

Gary

Comment

This thread has spurred me to action! I've got skirts on the 60 Lark ragtop but I'd dearly LOVE to have a set for this '58 wagon!
                If you go to the site that JDP put up, you'll note that there's no skirts listed for the '58 sedans (or '56-'57 for that matter - even tho the same skirts would fit '56 thru'58 sedans and wagons!).

So I call the 800 number and talk to the nice fella there. In the course of this conversation, it comes to light that he BUYS his skirts from a firm that's located only 15 miles from me!
                A few minutes later, I'm talking to this firm and I'll be taking them the rear quarter panels that came as spares for my '58 so he can make some patterns, and subsequently, some glass skirts. This means that thereafter we'll be able to buy skirts for our 56-57-58 sedans and wagons! You just KNOW those big-finned '58 hardtops will look COOLwearing a set of these![]

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

This thread has spurred me to action! I've got skirts on the 60 Lark ragtop but I'd dearly LOVE to have a set for this '58 wagon!
                  If you go to the site that JDP put up, you'll note that there's no skirts listed for the '58 sedans (or '56-'57 for that matter - even tho the same skirts would fit '56 thru'58 sedans and wagons!).

So I call the 800 number and talk to the nice fella there. In the course of this conversation, it comes to light that he BUYS his skirts from a firm that's located only 15 miles from me!
                  A few minutes later, I'm talking to this firm and I'll be taking them the rear quarter panels that came as spares for my '58 so he can make some patterns, and subsequently, some glass skirts. This means that thereafter we'll be able to buy skirts for our 56-57-58 sedans and wagons! You just KNOW those big-finned '58 hardtops will look COOLwearing a set of these![]

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quoteur 56-57-58 sedans and wagons! You just KNOW those big-finned '58 hardtops will look COOLwearing a set of these!
                    Uh Oh! We will probably be seeing this!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quoteur 56-57-58 sedans and wagons! You just KNOW those big-finned '58 hardtops will look COOLwearing a set of these!
                      Uh Oh! We will probably be seeing this!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

IMHO...any car that looks good WITH skirts...looks BETTER without them [}] .

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

IMHO...any car that looks good WITH skirts...looks BETTER without them [}] .

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote: IMHO...any car that looks good WITH skirts...looks BETTER without them
                            I agree Dick, except for the GM cars that were made for them.

One of the styling cues that Studebaker started and everyone copied were flaired wheel wells. The flaired wheel wells make the car look nicer IMO, but make fender skirts look like an afterthought.

This Caddy would look better with skirts ( and some body work!)

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote: IMHO...any car that looks good WITH skirts...looks BETTER without them
                              I agree Dick, except for the GM cars that were made for them.

One of the styling cues that Studebaker started and everyone copied were flaired wheel wells. The flaired wheel wells make the car look nicer IMO, but make fender skirts look like an afterthought.

This Caddy would look better with skirts ( and some body work!)

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Working...
                              X