York 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• York 2012

Well just got home from York , a good year all around . The weather was great , the drive was good , the Truckers dinner was the largest ever and we even bought a couple of things. I took lots of pics i will get them download and posted but right now I need to just relax for a bit.
    Good job by the Keystone Chapter as always.
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
    Well just got home from York ,
    Good job by the Keystone Chapter as always.
    Ditto here. They did an excellent job well organized. Richard D was a great auctioneer.
    sigpic
    55 President Deluxe
    64 Commander
    66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

I got back this afternoon. Agree this was a really nice event. Many interesting seminars this year. A few less vendors than years prior. But, many more Studes on the premises then I remember in a long time. Best part was talking to all the friends that were present. Good job Keystone. Jeff

Comment

I'm in Virginia for the night. Drove for a few hours until I started dozing off, thought I'd better stop for some sleep. Another 10 hours or so on the road tomorrow and I'll be home.

Had a great time, I am hooked on York and will have to make it every year. Sold almost everything I took and even scored some parts for the Broadmoor. 3.07 flanged axle rear, a NOS tag light housing (wagon only), and a few other goodies. The Schrocks just released a scale model Broadmoor, so I pre-ordered one of those, and they even agreed to paint it the same color as my car. Way more money than I have ever paid for a toy car, but some things you just have to have no matter what. <grin>

All of the folks from the northeast are great and it's a real shame that I never had the desire to attend the York meet before now. But having been, it was just as much fun as the International meets I've been to and I will be back next year. Dealing with all of the great people, and making their day with your one elusive NOS part is what makes being a vendor worth while. The social aspect of this meet can't be beat.

Thanks to the Keystone guys for putting on a good time.

Comment

Good to hear you folks had such a great time. Hope everyone has a safe trip home. I have worn myself out having so much fun in the back yard, I can hardly move. I probably would have been better off going to York.
          Y'all be safe.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Matt, congrats on selling that big sign! We left about 2pm and just got home at Midnight. We had a great time and Matt's absolutely right that it is a huge social event. Spoke to ton's people and missed even more (Bob Andrews). I guess you can't talk to everybody. I scored some great items for the Lark and a few for my Hawk. Bought a new HD swaybar from Dave T-Bow and scored some NOS Koni Shocks for the Hawk's front end along with a 4.27:1 ring and pinion gear. Lots of little things for the Lark, wind lace for $10, throttle kicker, NOS rear chrome pot metal moulding, NOS Left vent seal and a big ticket item,... Ordered an interior for it from Rene Harger and bought some buckets for $25 bucks each to send along with Rene to rebuild. I expect to be able to pick up the buckets in South Bend at the International, looks like we will be driving Caroline's Lark to the International to bolt in those new seats. Thanks to the Keystone Chapter for another excellent job!

Allen
            1964 GT Hawk
            PSMCDR 2014
            Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
            PSMCDR 2013
            Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

I'm sure Your was great. If I weren't a continent away, I'd have been there. ACTUALLY, it's a probably a good thing I wasn't. You see, I won $11,000 in the Mega-Millions lottery last Tuesday, and York's "far-ness" likely helped that dough stay in the bank!
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Well Bob , it would have been good to see you but hey congrats on your win , that wouldn't be hard to take at all !
                sigpic

Comment

Heres a couple pics of venders hard at it selling their stuff.Also the last one Matthew Burnette teaching all of us how to fix our stainless.
                  1st one is Richard Dormois

2nd ...Ted Jensen

3rd....Don Simmons

Last edited by 2R5; 03-04-2012, 10:51 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

I had a great time! I didn't decide to go 'til almost the last minute, and am glad I did!

Good weather, seemed like a lot of vendors and customers to me, and some stunning cars. I brought my brother-in-law and he enjoyed himself too.

It was fun hanging around Ed Davies, Joe Kastellac, Don Keller, Bob Palma, Howe Clark, Bob Andrews, et al, and great seeing Jim Bradley (Rerun), Bob Dudeck, and Bob Wagner (Dustybob) and many others who I'm sure I'm forgetting here. Dustybob always likes to rib me about spilling powdered sugar down the front of me at the Summit Meet post-funnel cake one year, and as briefly as we spoke he did get that in this meet too! LOL

Bob A., wonderful to meet your lovely daughter this year too!

I assume everyone got home safely and without incident.
                    Last edited by Bill Pressler; 03-06-2012, 10:27 AM. Reason: Howe Clark's name is not 'Clark Howe' like I originally typed! I know that too! 'Duh' on me!
                    Bill Pressler
                    Kent, OH
                    (formerly Greenville, PA)
                    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                    All are in Australia now

Comment

It was sure good to see everyone again! Matthew, glad you enjoyed your trip, hope you made it home safe. PM sent.
                      Jim
                      I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

I'm on the York Swap Meet commettee and I want to thank all the vendors and everyone else who helped make this years swap meet a great success. It took a lot of planning and work from the Keystone members. Thanks for all the good feed back. If you have any ways you think we can improve the swap meet we are open to your input. We like to think out of the box. When the Keystone Chapter does something we like to do it in a big way. Thats why we are called "The Action Chapter.
                        Thanks, see you next year.
                        Jeff Sheaffer
                        Driving the past into the future

Comment

I was York before there was York......"Don't spend money on your old lady, bring her to Reedsville in 1980." My first Stude swap meet. I have come to love both. Reedsviulle has Max and his huge store (storage) and band and York has what you guys just did with the demos and the magic show and the auction. Excellent time, best York ever. WE NEED YORK LIKE SWAP MEETS TO OVERCOME THE "OH I'LL CHECK THE INTERNET" MENTALLITY. I made new friends, put faces to forum names (some ugly faces too STUDELOVER sorry but....Just kidding. Great laughs and a great meet to end the winter blues.

Comment

I'm on the York Swap Meet commettee and I want to thank all the vendors and everyone else who helped make this years swap meet a great success. It took a lot of planning and work from the Keystone members. Thanks for all the good feed back. If you have any ways you think we can improve the swap meet we are open to your input. We like to think out of the box. When the Keystone Chapter does something we like to do it in a big way. Thats why we are called "The Action Chapter.

Read the Karma table suggestion in an other post. he suggests a free table that members drop stuff off at....Read it great idea. I thought too perhaps if someone at York REALLY needed a part they could ask the announcer table to broadcast that. In a way it would be fun to hear "Come on now who has a 1953 grill. Come on....... Oh found and sold to Larry for 150.00." Just a thought.

Comment

Here's Jim Turner's basic installation sequence (shortened, admittedly):

Assembling the caliper bracket to spindle adapter, both furnished in either the basic or deluxe kit. (Sorry, but for the life of me, I can't get this image rotated 90 degrees!)

Installing the assembled caliper bracket and adapter to the "stripped" Studebaker spindle:

Positioning the loaded caliper assembly over the brake disc. (DeLuxe Kits include loaded calipers. Economy Kits do not include calipers and pads, but do include information on what common calipers and pads to buy locally):

Fitting the caliper through-bolts to the caliper assembly to attach the caliper assembly to the caliper bracket:

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X