Wakefield Motors Hillsboro Oregon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wakefield Motors Hillsboro Oregon?

Does anyone out there recall Wakefield Motors in Hillsboro Oregon? My last eyeball of the place it was a John Deere Dealer, is anything still there?

Originally posted by studeluvr View Post
    Does anyone out there recall Wakefield Motors in Hillsboro Oregon? My last eyeball of the place it was a John Deere Dealer, is anything still there?
    I'll add to my own thread. Wakefield Motors was a Studebaker Dealership that closed in the 60's. Just wondering if anyone remembered or possibly owns a car from there.

Comment

Don't know about Wakefield in Hillsboro, but my Hawk was delivered to CH Urness Studebaker in The Dalles, Oregon, still in business as a Chrysler dealer. They might know something about Wakefield. The Northwest Vintage Car & Motorcycle Museum in Brooks, Oregon has recently placed the HUGE neon "CH Urness Studebaker"sign that used to be visible from the Columbia Gorge Highway in their museum. Incidentally, they are looking for Studebakers from the '30s, '40s and '50s to display temporarily, if anyone is interested. They are featuring Studebakers and our club (wait for it..... a shameless plug......) has resurrected our annual Orphan Car Show there on June 23rd.

Comment

Do you have an address or general idea of where the dealership was? I used to go to Hillsboro a lot in the 1970's -'80s.
        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

All I have is what you sent in 2 years ago..

RJ
          64 GT Hawk (K7)
          1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

There was also a Wakefield Motors in Athens OH

I saw this thread and found it interesting that there was another Wakefield Motors Studebaker dealership in Athens OH. I have attached a photo of the service truck there in 1950.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X