Some Engine Eye Candy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Engine Eye Candy

A while back, forum member John Kimbrough posted his need for a set of 66 style backup lamps. I had an NOS kit which is now in his posession- so the other day he sent me a pic of how they look on the back of the 64 Commander he's building. Here's the lights:

In addition, he sent me two pics of the engine bay- and he's allowed me to post the pics for you guys to see. Thanks for the pics John!

Evan Davis
    Prince Albert, Sk

To: fargoguy,--------- Impressive looking engine. Do You know if it's built up to R-4 specs? The blue color reminds me of the R-4 I saw at the SNM.

Comment

Sha....wing

Comment

So I dont know why, but I thought by '66 Studes were all made in Canada and were all McKinnon GM v8s?
        I am probably wrong. Is that motor and original {minus the upgrades of course}?

Comment

Kelly: Read the thread! It is a 64.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

Very nice!
            Mike

1963 R2 Super Hawk 4 Speed
            1963 R2 Hawk 4 Speed
            1964 R2 Daytona Full Package Car

Comment

To show how everyone has different taste, I like this '64 with a "different" look in the back.
              It has 1966 Cruiser/Daytona trim mouldings at Gas Cap level and added Red Tail light lenses in the back-up light openings with the '66 Lark Type and Wagonaire Back-up Lights below, all good IMHO.

What I would do different; the '64-'66 "Studebaker" script on the decklid should be on the Left, then you could leave the "Commander" on the right lower and ditch the Studebaker on the Left lower. Different strokes, I guess!

The R4 Clone, ya gotta LOVE that!

Looks like he is not going to be out of '64's for awhile, there is what looks like a Strato Blue Daytona Hardtop next to the Commander 2 Dr.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Now that is a NICE Mill..!

Love to hear that baby scream...
                Last edited by parts2; 03-03-2012, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                  To: fargoguy,--------- Impressive looking engine. Do You know if it's built up to R-4 specs? The blue color reminds me of the R-4 I saw at the SNM.
                  SN 60....That is my car and yes it is built up to R4 specs, except the compression, its 10 1/2 to one....I took the engine to Nimesh and had him build it for me, and it has a Tremec TKO 500 5 speed behind it......Suffice to say, I didn't build it for gas mileage......MSD ignition, 343 twin traction flanged axles, Dan Giblin traction bars, Flow Masters, R3/4 cast headers, and on and on......Just for the record, you know......LOL......Keep on Studebakering

Comment

Originally posted by starlight View Post
                    sn 60....that is my car and yes it is built up to r4 specs, except the compression, its 10 1/2 to one....i took the engine to nimesh and had him build it for me, and it has a tremec tko 500 5 speed behind it......suffice to say, i didn't build it for gas mileage......msd ignition, 343 twin traction flanged axles, dan giblin traction bars, flow masters, r3/4 cast headers, and on and on......just for the record, you know......lol......keep on studebakering
                    party on!!!!

StudeDave '57
                    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                    SDC Member since 1985

past President
                    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                    San Diego Chapter SDC
                    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                      SN 60....That is my car and yes it is built up to R4 specs, except the compression, its 10 1/2 to one/Cut/343 twin traction flanged axles,/Cut/
                      Starlight; is this some kind of aftermarket gearset, or just a typo. They came in 3.07, 3.31, 3.54, 3.73 ratios.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Starlight can use the "Reply with quote" to answer the above - - - - - - - - - -

I just want to say this car is gonna be one 'hot momma' when ready to roll, oh yeah, you bet your beeper she will...!!
                        JimsLeadCommander

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                          Starlight; is this some kind of aftermarket gearset, or just a typo. They came in 3.07, 3.31, 3.54, 3.73 ratios.
                          Hey StudeRich......Duhhhhhhh my mistake, you are right, its a 354 rear end, guess I was thinking of #&*^@#(GM)......Wash my mouth with soap, e-gad that tasts awful.....LOL.....Keep on Studebakering

Comment

To: starlight,--------- I was wondering how You have the progressive linkage on the carbs adjusted....How far does the rear open before the front carb starts to open....just off idle? Also, are You running any type of choke on that rear carb?
                            Approx. idle speed? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                              To: starlight,--------- I was wondering how You have the progressive linkage on the carbs adjusted....How far does the rear open before the front carb starts to open....just off idle? Also, are You running any type of choke on that rear carb?
                              Approx. idle speed? Thanks
                              SN 60.....I manufactured the linkage myself......I have the front carb starting to come on line just as the rear carb starts to open the rear secondaries.....when the loud pedal is mashed to the floor, both 4 barrels are fully open and operating, and I might ad, dumping lots of premium go juice thru both of them......I have the choke on the rear most carb, and there is no choke on the front carb, the front carbs choke flapper valve is locked fully open.......Keep on Studebakering

Comment

Working...
                              X