• Other: Door Locks for '64 Cruiser

Tom
    1960 Lark VIII
    1962 Lark Cruiser
    1964 Cruiser

yes they will.

Mark

Comment

Dont ask me why but if your talking about the door lock cylinders but the shafts on the 2 door cylinders are shorter than found on 4 doors. Why, I dont know but thats what I have found. One would think they would be the same because the doors should be the same width but thats another Studebaker weird design. I would take them to a locksmith & have them all keyed alike.
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Thanks a bunch, guys.

It kind of bugs me that the PO used non-matching locks to replace the original ones. I'd hate to have to use four different keys for this car!
        Tom
        1960 Lark VIII
        1962 Lark Cruiser
        1964 Cruiser

Comment

There is a set of door locks and ignition lock on ebay right now. I think it has a few more days to go. Not mine, but I thought of you in case you were interested.

Mark

Comment

Thanks, Mark.

I found a complete set of locks with keys on eBay yesterday morning. It was a "Buy It Now" deal, which I bought! I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing, but your tip sure sent me in the right direction.

Thanks again!
            Tom
            Tom
            1960 Lark VIII
            1962 Lark Cruiser
            1964 Cruiser

Comment

That was them. I had them on my watch list and when I went back after posting, saw that they had been purchased. Glad I was able to help.

Mark

Comment

The shafts are different lengths because the locks are located in different positions along the length of the car. If you were to climp up on the roof of your house & look down on your studebaker, you would see that the sides of the car are not straight, but rather the car is "barrel" shaped (wider in the middle that at the ends). Because of this "curve" the lock is located further down the curve than a 4dr lock. The engineers compensated by changing the length of the shafts.

The pot metal housing for the late model cars are the thing to watch for. It's getting a little harder to find good ones that aren't pitted. You can always rebuild good ones.
                Mike Sal

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sal View Post
                  Because of this "curve" the lock is located further down the curve than a 4dr lock. The engineers compensated by changing the length of the shafts.

Mike Sal
                  So the 4-door locks have the longer shafts?

Thanks!
                  Tom
                  1960 Lark VIII
                  1962 Lark Cruiser
                  1964 Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                  X