Old Cars Weekly Car of the week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Cars Weekly Car of the week

Check it out. 63 GT Hawk is car of the week for old cars weekly online.

I especially liked the comment about the "inner circle of Studebaker Nation". I think he meant us....

Scroll down to the bottom of the article and you will also see a link to a great story from Steve Hudson himself about the most beautiful Studebaker never built.
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Very nice, that's a beautiful car. I dont recall if i've seen this particular car before but I did see Scott and his Corvette at the Hudson Wisconisn swap meet last fall. Seems like a really nice guy and well deserving of this fine car.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Looks just like my 63 GT,same colour also,alas mine has stock 289 4bbl. & column shift,but I sure don't get any where near 20mpg.

Comment

This will inspire me to get working on our '63. Jon, feel free to harass me about not working on it.
        Perry
        \'50 Business Champion
        \'50 Starlight Champion
        \'60 Lark Convertible,
        \'63 GT R1,
        \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Reading that story, I was struck by the fact that this R-1, 4-speed, disc brake, fully-instrumented GT Hawk - definitely what most of us might think of as a "man's car" - was ordered by a woman! That's fascinating to me. That was a lady I would have liked to have known

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I think the Studebaker dealership was desperate to sell that Hawk being that it was the previous years model and them giving her $911 for a 1951 Studebaker sedan which would have been 13 years old at the time.
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Can't find link to Steve Hudson's story. Can someone please post it? Thanks!
              Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
              jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by fpstude View Post
                  This will inspire me to get working on our '63. Jon, feel free to harass me about not working on it.
                  Having to move gave you a good excuse but you must be settled in by now. I know you are not crazy about the Rose Mist color but I really like it. Betty will look great in that car. Send me a picture of the progress for Hawk Talks. Better get on it Perry - you asked for it!!!!!
                  Jon Stalnaker
                  Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Beautiful Gt Hawk! The fuel line from the factory fuel filter-to-carburetor looks odd ( 2nd fuel filter under the air cleaner?)

Comment

Jon, i noticed your two Studebaker models and they don't appear to be off the shelf models. Did you build them or what ? As editor for the Toy Studebaker Collectors Club Newsletter , I would be interested in publishing the photos and hopefully you could give me some text to go with photos. I will of course give you full credit. What other stude models to you have
                      Please email me at joebetsy@nc.rr.com thanks , Joe Parsons

Joe Parsons

Comment

Working...
                      X