Back again, now with a truck :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back again, now with a truck :)

Hi all. Been away awhile doing some other things (some may recall some notes about a 1958 Wartburg I was working on) Well I've been wanting to get another Studebaker for awhile and I wanted/need a truck.

Sealed the deal today on a 52 2R16 with 20,000 original miles. It was an orchard truck that never left the farm. Very solid and incredibly straight. I'm already getting grief from friends for my plans of a full resto because she does have a nice patina, but I'm not much of a patina guy. Enough of all that though, you want pictures

And can someone please tell me what this unit is? Its on the rear frame behind the fuel tank. Looks a bit big to be a hill holder but it does seem related to the brake system. Some type of booster unit?

Figured it out, hydrovac unit. Forgot they had those!

Comment

Nice score. I saw that truck for sale and dreamed over what I would do with it if I could get it. No chance that I need a truck that big, but I just like those rigs.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
        Nice score. I saw that truck for sale and dreamed over what I would do with it if I could get it. No chance that I need a truck that big, but I just like those rigs.
        Well the dream (and the reason I have spousal support) is to turn it into a rolling pizza oven/shop similar to http://www.rollingstonebaker.com/ The really funny part is the wife and I had been discussing this idea for awhile based on one here in NJ based on a REO Speedwagon. It wasn't until after I found this one and started searching around that I found the rolling stonebaker with the same trucks.

We're still a long way off from getting the business started but it gave me an excuse to buy the truck and start restoring her

Comment

That's a great project/goal/biz pursuit. I oughta buy back the 2R17 I sold a few years ago and do the same thing. The new owner never did anything but take and park it at his place. It was as solid and rust free an example as I've ever seen - I even drove it around a bit. I'm only day-dreamin', but it's a fun dream!
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Hmmnn....Jersey...Pizza business...think you'll be able to generate enough money to pay "Protection/Insurance" fees?

Seriously, congratulations and keep us posted on your progress!
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Stony Ridge Pizza? I think it would look great on the door of the truck.
              sigpic
              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Nice looking solid truck. Sure like the larger trucks. Mine is only a 4E13 and don't know what I would do without it sometimes.

Gordon S

Comment

I absolutely love the truck and its patina. I total get that you want to rebuild it into what you will using it for, and that is a very cool business idea with a very cool vehicle idea. I just love the patina and I love the "Stony Ridge Pizza" idea. I am sure it will be beautiful when restored/rebuilt as well.

Comment

Very nice find with that kind of mileage! Two statements that you'll see on the forum......"It's YOUR truck and it's YOUR money", but then there's...."It can only be ORIGINAL once." Just food for thought. It will be great either way you decide. Good luck.

Dan Miller
                    Auburn, GA

Comment

I appreciate the love for it's patina and originality. But from the perspective that it will be used for a business it needs to put its best foot forward, the average person just sees rust, not patina and it just looks like an ugly old truck to them.

However if anyone comes across a good condition drivers or passengers door I would be interested, I'd like to preserve one or both of the original doors as wall art if nothing else.

Comment

Working...
                      X