1958 packard hardtop paint options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 packard hardtop paint options

Restoring a 58 packard hardtop and wonder if any were painted with the top and rear fin in accent color from body color . Painting this car shadowtone red and jewel biege
    thanks for your help ..can anyone send a photo of car painted with this two tone combination.

Joe Parsons

A few years ago I looked at a pretty nice 1958 Hardtop that looked to me as if the original paint could have been two tone with shadowtone red. Re-paint, however seemed more like maroon. Here are few pics that I took then. Car is no longer for sale. ( In case the phone number still shows in some of the pics.) Sorry for the large image size...

some more pics here

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Pekka
    sigpic

1960 Lark VIII Regal convertible - 1964 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

To: 58 Hawk,--------- Can't imagine how You came up with that color combo!! By the way, does Your '58 Packard hardtop have a Saginaw or a Bendix power steering system?

Comment

Originally posted by 58 Hawk View Post
        Restoring a 58 packard hardtop and wonder if any were painted with the top and rear fin in accent color from body color . Painting this car shadowtone red and jewel biege
        thanks for your help ..can anyone send a photo of car painted with this two tone combination.
        For nine years, I owned a 1958 Packard hardtop that was red with a white top and fins. The car had been painted this way by Mr. Cherry's body shop (Port Jervis, NY), where I bought the car. I do not believe that StudebakerPackard two-toned any that way. The factory only painted the top the secondary color.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gary, do you by chance have any photos of this Packard you could send to me
          Joe

Joe Parsons

Comment

My 58 Studebaker Golden Hawk is painted Shadowtone Red and Jewel Beige ..My friend restoring in Packard Hardtop loves my color combo so he is painting his Packard the same and not sure of how he wants to paint the rear fin on Packard
            THe Shadowtone red is a factory color for Hawks in 1958 as well as Packards
            Joe

Joe Parsons

Comment

Gary, do you by chance have any photos of this Packard you could send to me
              Joe
              Sorry, no I don't. I have never been much for pictures. I have owned many cars, some for nine years, that I do not have a picture of, except in my mind's eye.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Joe, I liked the way that color combonation looked so well, my Packard Hawk will be painted the same. Should be back home soon so I can drop drivetrain in it before he puts on the front clip and shoots it
                My 58 Studebaker Golden Hawk is painted Shadowtone Red and Jewel Beige ..My friend restoring in Packard Hardtop loves my color combo so he is painting his Packard the same and not sure of how he wants to paint the rear fin on Packard
                THe Shadowtone red is a factory color for Hawks in 1958 as well as Packards
                Joe
                sigpic

Packardbakerly,
                J.D.

Comment

Power steering question

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                  To: 58 Hawk,--------- Can't imagine how You came up with that color combo!! By the way, does Your '58 Packard hardtop have a Saginaw or a Bendix power steering system?
                  tHE CAR IS IN PITTSBURGH, PA FOR RESTORATION ...WILL HAVE TO CHECK THE GARAGE ON THE STEERING QUESTION

Joe Parsons

Comment

I have seen a couple of 58 Presidents done this way, but no Packards. At one time I too had considered this paint scheme, but opted to go original for resale purposes.

Comment

Working...
                    X