Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Forum - Started my 54 coupe

Hi all,
    Been a long time Stude fan & owner. Have 53 2R6 custom driver and in the process of building a 54 Coupe. Wanted something different for a different car so I installed a SHO with T5. Finally got it started...been a LONG process. Wanted to share my excitement. Hope to be ready for Colorado 2013.
    Hopefully this link will work, if not, copy into your browser address bar. Thrilled it actually started!!
    Huge achievement for my father. His 54 Studebaker finally comes to life.

Take Care
    StudesInc
    53 2R6 custom, 54 Starlight Coupe custom in construction, 47 M5 waiting

Congratulations on this important project milestone. The SHO engine sure is easy on the eyes...and ears. You'll stand out from the crowd at the shows and on cruise nights!
    Andy
    62 GT

Comment

Welcome to the forum. It sure feels good when you reach a mile stone like getting it started for the first time. But we are going to need more pictures of the car.
      TDITS The Dude In The Stude

Comment

Congratulations on the start up. Hope you will keep us updated on your progress.
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Ya, great job, but we love pix!
          1947 M5 under restoration
          a bunch of non-Stude stuff

Comment

Welcome to the Forum! We're glad to have you here and can't wait to see your car fully up and running!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Very cool! From one member with a late model EFI in a Stude to another, CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to the forum. Now we need more pictures, do you have an on-line build journal? Would love to see it. Good luck on the rest of your project!

Pat
              Pat Dilling
              Olivehurst, CA
              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Welcome to the forum. That engine is going to look sweet when you lift the hood of your car...will generate some ohhs and ahhs for sure. When you get a chance, post some photos of what your car looks like. Regards, Junior.
                sigpic
                1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Thanks everyone,
                  It was really an event to have it start and totally surprised it fired up the first try, all that wiring modification had me worried. I've got all kinds of photos of the project but haven't really spent the time or know where to to place an online build. This was the major milestone and hopefully the build will now progress a little faster. Any suggestions where/how to post build progress will be appreciated.
                  Thanks again for your kind words.
                  StudesInc

Comment

Very cool. That motor will look great under the hood. Can't wait to see the finalized product. I, too, plan to make it to Colorado Springs next year. I'll probably be driving my 49 2R5.3.....

Stude car AND Stude truck - that's the only way to go!

Welcome to the forum.
                    Jon Stalnaker
                    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

All,
                      With a little pressure from all of you and taking a closer look at some of the posts (Pat Dilling) I've started a build journal at Hotrodders.com
                      54 Studebaker SHO Coupe Build http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=81845
                      StudesInc

Comment

Originally posted by Studesinc View Post
                        All,
                        With a little pressure from all of you and taking a closer look at some of the posts (Pat Dilling) I've started a build journal at Hotrodders.com
                        54 Studebaker SHO Coupe Build http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=81845
                        very nice build!!!

looking forward for more.
                        Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Studesinc.
                          Was someone recently complaining about the brand and club here shrinking and needing to grow....seems like we have had a big spike in new members the last week or 2...good news.
                          Thanks for joining, sharing, and building Studesinc.
                          Kelly

ps: Jon S....thats funny 2R5.3. I like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Studesinc View Post
                            All,
                            Oh, ya...that`s what we`re talking about! This is going to be really cool when you are finished with it. Are you going to keep all the Regal trim on the car when you are finished with it? What color are you thinking about painting it? Also, I'm confused now...is it a t5 trans, or an AOD? Can you share some photos of you pick-up too. Lastly, figure your coupe is going to sound so sweet in it's upper rpm range, and going to confuse a lot of die-hard v-8 guys when a stude goes sailing past them with a Ferrari-esque exhaust note. I'm loving it. Regards, Junior.
                            Last edited by junior; 02-25-2012, 08:14 PM.
                            sigpic
                            1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Would that be a Studesaki or a Kawabaker?
                              Brad Johnson,
                              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                              X