After dinner mint 2-24-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After dinner mint 2-24-12

This one needs an explanation. It is a 1957 Silver Hawk Hardtop. Export only. US 1957 Silver Hawks were all coupes.
    It was owned at the time the picture was taken by Geoff Gogle Summerland BC Canada. It scored 327 points at Glendale.
    Last edited by Gary1953; 02-25-2012, 03:21 PM.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

I love the green...........
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Me too^^^ perfect colour for an after dinner mint.

Comment

I usually don't care for green, but that is one nice Silver Hawk!
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

So are we back to not posting the year make and models on the ADM? I am still trying to learn the nuances that differentiate the years and models. Some are obvious...ie 1958, but others are very subtile. It is nice to get to see them with the info next to it so us newbs can learn. When possible, of course. No stress on it, it is just nice to have.

Comment

I would say it's a 57....as Silver Hawk HardTops were only available in 57-58......
            It doesn't have the 58 side grilles, hence, it's a 57.
            I like the golden hawk hood louvers. The color is similar to Avanti turquoise.
            Bez Auto Alchemy
            573-318-8948
            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
              So are we back to not posting the year make and models on the ADM? I am still trying to learn the nuances that differentiate the years and models. Some are obvious...ie 1958, but others are very subtile. It is nice to get to see them with the info next to it so us newbs can learn. When possible, of course. No stress on it, it is just nice to have.
              I'm sorry. This one needed an explanation. It is a 1957 Silver Hawk Hardtop. Export only. US 1957 Silver Hawks were all coupes.
              It was owned at the time the picture was taken by Geoff Gogle Summerland BC Canada. It scored 327 points at Glendale.
              Gary Sanders
              Nixa, MO

Comment

Awesome, I learned a bunch on this one. '58s have side grilles. No US hardtops in '57-'58. And finally, based on whatever scoring gave that 327 points...my truck would be in "point" debt...I would OWE someone points if I had Oscar judged.
                Thanks for the helpful info.

Comment

Golden Hawks were hardtops. Silver Hawks were usually pillared coupes except for these export models. Dont hurt Oscars feelings....
                  59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                  60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                  61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                  62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                  63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                  63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                  64 Zip Van
                  66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                  66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

The louvers on the hood of the '57 are interesting-----similar to a Golden's overlay louvers. (Bet these are functional though)

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
                      I would say it's a 57.
                      It is a '57 as per the body tag... http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ighlight=gogal

Craig

Comment

Working...
                      X