Jim McCuan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim McCuan

Jim McCuan's daughter in law (Ashley) got ahold me a little bit ago, and told me that Jim had managed to get himself a helicopter ride to St. Louis after setting himself on fire. Apparently he was filling his saw mill with gas and it backfired, and luckily the neighbors heard him screaming for help. Ashley told me that he had some pretty bad facial burns and is now hairless, but they're more worried about what he may have inhaled. Jim is fearless and this isn't unlike anything that he's done to himself in the past, but still not a good situation. Keep him and Lisa and the kids in your thoughts. As though this isn't bad enough, just this week he was finally able to get up and move around after being laid up for a few weeks from having several kidney stones blasted. Like Ashley said, never a dull moment.
    Last edited by mbstude; 02-23-2012, 08:38 PM.

Good luck in Jim's recovery as burns can be very painful to recover from.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I am very sorry to hear that Matt, thoughts and Prayers for a quick recovery go out to him.

Rich. and Mike
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Best wishes to Jim and his family.

Gordon S

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers are with Jim and his loved ones.

While I understand the concept that, "this isn't unlike anything that he's done to himself in the past," I know from experience that serious burns are not to be taken lightly. From what Matt describes, Jim is likely in a very, very bad situation. At the very least, he and his family are in for a very long, extended period of treatment/healing/adjustment.

I would not wish what he is going through on my very worst enemy.

May God be with him!
          sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

What Dave said. It's a lot worse than I initially thought. New text message from Ashley reads: "Doctor said burns over 19% of body. Face and head not bad, but ears, chest & shoulders are "full thickness" which will require skin grafts. Minor burns on arms and hands may or may not require grafts. They will do the grafts on Monday and he will have to stay a minimum of 4 days after skin grafts."

Comment

My thoughts and prayers go out to Jim and his Family.
              StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
              SDC Member since 1985

past President
              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
              San Diego Chapter SDC
              North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Best wishes to Jim and family from the Aussie Studebaker Crew.
                John Clements
                Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Dang, Matthew; "never a dull moment" indeed.

Prayers and good thoughts for Jim, bless his heart.

Kindly keep us apprised. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I am sorry to hear of this. I wish him to get well and say a prayer for him. jimmijim
                    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

So sorry to hear about this Matthew. Please forward our thoughts and prayers from the North GA Chapter, to Jim and his family. It was great to meet Jim at our S.E. Zone Meet last year.

Dan Miller
                      Auburn, GA
                      Last edited by ROADRACELARK; 02-24-2012, 05:03 AM.

Comment

So sorry to hear about this. Our thoughts and prayers are with him.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers to Jim and his family. He is in good hands. I live in Illinois, and have heard of other people with serios burns being treated in St. Louis. Very good burn unit there.
                          1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

That really sucks....(my wife says I have a gift for understatement), I just talked to him yesterday about 5:00 pm!
                            Bez Auto Alchemy
                            573-318-8948
                            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

I have been feeling a bit under the weather myself and went to bed last night before seeing this thread. Jim is in my prayers. I have only met Jim a couple of times and he impressed me as a very competent and reasonable person.

In addition to praying for and wishing Jim all the best and a full recovery...this serves as a reminder to all of us to redouble our efforts to keep safety in mind. Having the interests that we do...many of us are constantly involved in one project or another and never far away from danger. I have several projects in the works right now that involve power tools, gas, solvents, lifting and climbing.

Let us keep our safety glasses, fire extinguishers, etc. within reach, and ever vigilant for potential accidents.

Matthew, if you get additional information that will allow us to support and encourage Jim in his recovery, please let us know.
                              John Clary
                              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
                              X