Stude (and other) Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude (and other) Sightings

This has been a really unusually warm winter here. As a result, one is likely to see classic/collector cars out and about most any day.

Spotted this one yesterday at a shopping mall. Wouldn't have bothered to even take a pic, except I thought the tire treatment was... well... unusual... for this late a model:

Of more interest was this little doll I saw out on the highway this morning:

I have had several close encounters with this car, but have yet to have the chance to visit with the owner/driver. She appears to be in her early 20's, and this must be her daily driver.
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

That's one of my pet peeves. Seeing wide whites on a car for which they were never intended. There ought to be a law.....
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post

Looks to me like you were in the perfect position here to turn on that red (blue?) light thingy and get a closer look.

BTW, when you say "doll" do you mean the cute Lark, or the cute 20 something gal driver?
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
        Looks to me like you were in the perfect position here to turn on that red (blue?) light thingy and get a closer look.
        Ya know, they made me turn in those lights, along with the company truck when I re-retired. :-(

BTW, when you say "doll" do you mean the cute Lark, or the cute 20 something gal driver?
        The Lark, of course... what do ya think I am, a dirty old man? (Don't answer that question.) <GGG>

I didn't get a very good look at the young lady, but she appears to be American Indian. I would like to visit with her, and get her and the Lark to some Stude events. I do know she has taken the car to a couple of shows, but not any I have attended. Really is a nice car.
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Sdude View Post
          That's one of my pet peeves. Seeing wide whites on a car for which they were never intended. There ought to be a law.....
          They sure can change the personality of a car!

sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

Glad to see the christmas tree hanging from the rear view mirror... and a V8 two door sedan - no wonder she was in the fast lane...

Comment

I agree. I love them if they are period correct. I've got them on my car.
              Jon Stalnaker
              Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
                Glad to see the christmas tree hanging from the rear view mirror... and a V8 two door sedan - no wonder she was in the fast lane...
                Have the licence plate number traced and send a invitation to a club event and include the last Chapter news letter, who knows maybe you'l get a new member to your Chapter or SDC at least.
                Evan Severson

Comment

I am guessing that Dave was trying to show in his "photoshop Pic" how bad it can look when someone chooses Nice Wheels and Nice Tires, but they do NOT belong together!

Old style Tires do not work with New style Wheels! Just like Wide Whites don't work on Post 1962 Cars.

StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                  X