Broadmoor update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadmoor update

After York I'm going to really get serious about getting this wagon on the road. But for now here's a pic of how nice the instrument panel cleaned up. I need to put the new windlace in, reupholster the dash pad, fit the carpet and install the new gas pedal. But not too bad overall.

As a comparison, here it is when JDP first removed the tarp. Everything was covered with mildew and all of the brightwork had rust forming.

Last edited by mbstude; 02-22-2012, 02:48 PM.

A Dashing Dash!!

Comment

Matt if you get a chance see how thick the padding is under the vinyl.

Comment

Originally posted by ST2DE5 View Post
        Matt if you get a chance see how thick the padding is under the vinyl.
        I pulled up the vinyl on the right side and all of the padding has turned to dust. After York I'll pull off the top of the dash and put new padding and vinyl on.

Comment

So space age with that Cyclops speedometer

Looking good, Matt!
          Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

That really does look great. What a difference some elbow grease can make!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

The pic of the horn ring reminded me immediately of my first Toyota, a '67. The horn ring was also the turn signal.

Comment

Matt - quick question - little red light above the lighter? That the boost light? (turns on when the super-charger has gotten things up to 10 lbs...)

Apologize if it has already been discussed extensively - just point and I will read further.

And I think these dashes are the "cats meow". Some reason remember seeing one installed in someones Champ pickup - but I am getting old as well...

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
                  Matt - quick question - little red light above the lighter? That the boost light? (turns on when the super-charger has gotten things up to 10 lbs...)

Apologize if it has already been discussed extensively - just point and I will read further.
                  I thought about adding a blower, but that money is going towards wheels and tires. Without crawling under the dash to look at the wiring, my guess is that it's the parking brake light.

Comment

"Without crawling under the dash to look at the wiring, my guess is that it's the parking brake light. "

That is until you get the label maker out and stick "supercharger" above it. Problem is the supercharger would not be as impressive with the parking brake pulled out...

Comment

Man Matt, she is really looking nice.

Comment

Cool beans, Matt; 'really takes me back.

Since our 1957 President 2-door was Coppertone with White coves, that is the exact same color and arrangement instrument panel I drove behind as a youngster in high school in spring and summer 1962 in Paris IL before before we and the car moved from Paris to Indianapolis in July.

Good times; that Coppertone panel, two-tone black & white steering wheel, and Flightomatic quadrant are spot-on. (Ours didn't have a radio, though; just a correct 1957 blank-off plate....no radio saved weight, you know, and Cousin George and I were already "into" that! <GGG>)

Thanks for the fondest of memories...and yours looks real nice, too! <GGG>

Keep up the good work. BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                          Cool beans, Matt; 'really takes me back.

Since our 1957 President 2-door was Coppertone with White coves, that is the exact same color and arrangement instrument panel I drove behind as a youngster in high school in spring and summer 1962 in Paris IL before before we and the car moved from Paris to Indianapolis in July.

Good times; that Coppertone panel, two-tone black & white steering wheel, and Flightomatic quadrant are spot-on. (Ours didn't have a radio, though; just a correct 1957 blank-off plate....no radio saved weight, you know, and Cousin George and I were already "into" that! <GGG>)

Thanks for the fondest of memories...and yours looks real nice, too! <GGG>

Keep up the good work. BP
                          Thanks everyone. BP.. I'll have to let you take it for a spin at the South Bend meet later this year.

Comment

Lookin' good Matt!!!
                            StudeDave '57
                            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                            SDC Member since 1985

past President
                            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                            San Diego Chapter SDC
                            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                              Thanks everyone. BP.. I'll have to let you take it for a spin at the South Bend meet later this year.
                              Much appreciated, Matthew.

I'll refrain from the first marvelous thing I discovered about ours at age 16, that being the kickdown to first gear when floored from a standing start. 'Not sure how that trans held up, but it did. (The car did have the 4-bbl carb option, too....hmmmm.....4-bbl carb, duals, and no radio...maybe cousin George's father did order it new and we never knew that! <GGG>) BP
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X