Pulling window trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulling window trim

I am parting out my 1962 Lark. I am wanting to salvage everything I can and one of the parts is the stainless trim around the front and rear windows. My question is how to remove it without damaging it, also the rear window is in good shape and I want to remove it without breaking it. How hard is it? Thanks.

1963 Cruiser, 1962 Lark, 1952 Champion. Based in Oregon.

Cut the rubber out around the windows and take the glass out. Peel off the old rubber and take the trim off, I think it's 4 main pieces for front and same for back.

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

Cruising the Proving Ground Test Track

Comment

The glass locks the stainless into the rubber. If you can, push the rubber out of the car from the interior by pulling the lip of the gasket toward the opening. Lube helps. If you get it out as an assembly, then remove the rubber fron the glass, then the stainless from the rubber. The stainless has an "L" shaped leg that holds it in.

KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)
      KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

If the rubber isn't too stiff and brittle, it should come out easily, once you get it started; otherwise I agree with Matthew. Cut the rubber.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thanks for all the help. The rubber was pretty brittle so I did end up cutting the rubber and I saved the rear window (the front was spider webbed) and got the trim off safely. Thanks again.

1963 Cruiser, 1962 Lark, 1952 Champion. Based in Oregon.

Comment

Working...
          X