P1 and P2 - Love them both...(pic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P1 and P2 - Love them both...(pic)

Asked a question the other day about a 7E and a P1 box - ended up with a little back and forth about which looks the best.

They both have their pros and cons, but I like both. Here is a photo of a members 8E7 (auto as well) and my 7E7.

I think Jim's truck does a little more "truck" work than mine does. Although the guy at the gate of the local dump was surprised four years ago when I showed up with a bed full of old carpet from our new home...

Yeah, wide or narrow, they were and still are better looking than the competition! Thanks for posting the pics.
    Jim
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Both are appropriate looking. I have seen the Dodge bed narrowed 6 inches. Wow it looks benefitting. ........................i can see the fendered bed widened and dual wheels added if only for looks. I ain't Lion. However why change something just for the sake of changing. Both these trucks are fine looking. jimmijim
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Does the bed on the second truck look too low to anyone else? I was talking to my brother about the picture and he thought that the T cabs had spacers to raise the narrow style bed and that this bed probably came off of a C cab. We compared other pictures we have, but none were taken at the same angle. The two T cab pickups we have are the wide beds. Anyone know?
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Here is a side shot of my Uncle's '60 5E7 from 2001 as well as his 1950 2R5 from the same outing.

Looks like the R-series cab does ride lower than the Champs.

Comment

I just did a yahoo image search and there were a few Champ pics at similar angles and the look the same. The beds hang slightly lower than the cab and the top bed line runs right below the window line.

I really like Champ trucks, but I dont think either bed is right. I dont hate either bed, I would just love to do one with a proper custom bed that actually fits using some door skins and some front fenders.

Comment

My cousin bought a 8E7 back in the mid-90s off the West Coast. The person who restored it cut about three inches out of the wide bed to fit the cab better.

Must have been a lot of work - floor would be easy but the tailgate and end panel had to have it removed from both ends...

Last edited by 62champ; 02-20-2012, 08:08 PM.

Comment

I like that orange color on the Champ, very different. Remind your cousin to paint the letters on the tailgate.
                sigpic
                In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

That chrome bumper on the orange truck looks perfect against the orange. I wonder what it's original application was?
                  "In the heart of Arkansas."
                  Searcy, Arkansas
                  1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                  1952 2R pickup

Comment

This was always one of my personal favorite's.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image002.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	1671965
                    Mark Hayden
                    '66 Commander

Comment

Yep, I like it Mark! THAT is how they SHOULD look, a Champ Wide Bed, and a "C" Cab Transtar with a Narrow Bed!
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                      X