Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need professional help (for my 1956 Hawk.....).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need professional help (for my 1956 Hawk.....).

I've been under the weather for the lasr year and unable to do the work on my cars. Frustrating. I've culled the fleet, and will be selling at least the 1959 CJ5, if not anything else. I don't have the energy of youth as I did.

The car I will be driving, and I need to finish is a 1956 Power Hawk. T5 transmission, 289 from a '63 Truck, TT 3.73 rear. This a Cali/AZ car and I love it. I've done it to my taste.

I need the work done to good driver quality....not show!

Does anyone know a good mechanic or restoration shop in the Tucson area that can:
    1) Patch the floor boards where previously other transmissions resided?, Then POR-15 seal it and dynamat it for carpeting
    2) Fabricate some mounts for my already re-covered 1978 Granada seats for a "GT" Hawk look. No console needed.
    3) Mount the custom universal A/C system and get it running? The Stude A/C mount is already on the engine.
    4) Fix the back springs (I have the bushings and an extra set of leaves)
    5) Fix the interferance between the new one piece driveshaft and the tranny tunnel. A small (2" x 3") patch is very close to the shaft and "pounds" in first gear, if you step on it. It's not bad, but bad enough. Might be related to #4. I have air shocks if needed.
    6) possibly put a decent paint job with minor body work. The current paint is OK, just could be better.
    7) Tune and adjust the valves and generally get the car ready to drive. (Edlebrock carb, have an electronic distributor that needs installation)

There are several good upholstrey shops here in Tucson, same with paint. But I need a good Stude mechanic.
    Any help appreciated. Kelly at kelmbaker@msn.com

Originally posted by kelmbaker View Post
    I've been under the weather for the lasr year and unable to do the work on my cars. Frustrating. I've culled the fleet, and will be selling at least the 1959 CJ5, if not anything else. I don't have the energy of youth as I did. The car I will be driving, and I need to finish is a 1956 Power Hawk.<<<

Comment

You should both contact Brad Bez....
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
        You should both contact Brad Bez....
        He was the FIRST one I contacted ...who would you suggest be the second???

Comment

I would love to help both of you. But I am aware of the stigma of the 49th. And transport costs.
          I have newer tried to promote my Restoration Business on this Forum. As personal my interest in Studebakers is the "Hobby" side of my car building and I have only done them for mysef. (except a 50 bullet nose Streetrod I did 10 years ago)
          But, I do plan to slow my business down and semi retire this year, and only take on projects that are fun for me and not so much like work!
          But! It still takes what it takes to build (restore) a car. Someone has to do the hours, even though those hours can be extremely cut if you have the right shop, equipment, skills & experience. All of which still cost way more than the average restorer thinks.
          Boils down to math and quality of finished product.
          You usually get what you pay for!
          I do not quote!
          But I would be glad to help you decide if someone is taking advantage of you, or if you have under estimated what the work you wish to have done will cost.
          Good Roads
          Brian
          Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca
          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

PS
            I have a 56 Power Hawk that had 29,592 original miles on it that I am building for myself and am currently working on my wifes 61 Hawk to be finished by July 2012.
            Brian
            Brian Woods
            woodysrods@shaw.ca
            1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

If you were closer I'd love to help ya.
              http://datinmanspeaks.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Da Tinman View Post
                If you were closer I'd love to help ya.
                Everything is right here in South Bend ...and I do mean EVERYTHING!!!

ONLY ...thing missing now is a C/K expert and about 100-120 hours of his (or her) time!!!

Pay + can provide on-site room & board while finishing up Hawk!!!

Comment

well the wife probably wouldnt miss me much my little doggie would not be happy and the shop cats would sick their union steward on me, again.
                  http://datinmanspeaks.blogspot.com/

Comment

Kelly..
                    Sending you a PM..

Comment

Working...
                    X