Avanti R-3623 has returned!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti R-3623 has returned!!

The red '63 Avanti that was for sale on e-bay a few weeks ago. The one with the primered doors
    and the 'R-3 disguised' engine. (sold out of Florida). I was just looking at the Avanti Register, and was
    very surprised to see that Avanti is R-3623. I owned it in the late 70's!! The car was originally Avanti
    White, R-2, Auto. Someone must have converted the car to a 4-speed. Don't know if the engine is
    the same as when I owned it, but if it is there would be no serial number on it, as it was a factory
    replacement short block. What really threw Me is that the car had factory power windows--now they
    are manual. I couldn't get by that issue till I studied the 'for sale' pictures again, and saw the factory
    hole in the door pillar where the power window wires passed through! (how's that for detective work?) And Yes, I'd never seen an Avanti with doors as badly broken (at hinges) as that car had.
    I now clearly understand why they were finally changed. Boy--If that car could talk! (I'm glad it
    can't!!)

SN

I believe that was the car purchased by a forum member satdoc2 http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...-Mid-Night-Run.

With all the work done to it it looks like a great buy in my mind. If I didn't have my four speed Avanti, I might have taken a shot at it.

Bob

Comment

Working...
    X