Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone from here go to Back to the 50's? (St Paul)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone from here go to Back to the 50's? (St Paul)

I was only able to go for an hour or so, so I was only able to see about 1/5th of the whole show. I got pix of the Studes I ran across, as soon as I get the scanner hooked up they'll go in the photobucket link below. Anyway, it seems that every Stude I've seen at a show has never had the owner nearby so I can tell them how nice their ride is/give them prints of the pix I take. Question for you guys, what do you do when you see some camera nerd taking pix of your car? I mean, I don't climb inside the car or anything, but several guys asked for $ or basically ran me off when they saw me snapping. [?]

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    Proud new owner of a 56 Power Hawk!

Everybody is in it for the money or so it seems. There is a park near me called Downey Wilderness park and they have a sign up that says that if you want to take pictures in the park of any events that you have to go to city hall and get a permit. Then there are the guys that think that you are going to make a mint off pics. of their cars. What a bunch of a$$ holes. But come around here and you can sit in any of my cars, just wipe your feet or kick the big chuncks off. I am not a big fan of vaccumming.

Comment

Everybody is in it for the money or so it seems. There is a park near me called Downey Wilderness park and they have a sign up that says that if you want to take pictures in the park of any events that you have to go to city hall and get a permit. Then there are the guys that think that you are going to make a mint off pics. of their cars. What a bunch of a$$ holes. But come around here and you can sit in any of my cars, just wipe your feet or kick the big chuncks off. I am not a big fan of vaccumming.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Daan
        Question for you guys, what do you do when you see some camera nerd taking pix of your car? I mean, I don't climb inside the car or anything, but several guys asked for $ or basically ran me off when they saw me snapping. [?]

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
        It takes all kinds I guess, but come on..............The car is in a public place at a public event that you paid admission to, I don't think they have a leg to stand to try to discourage your picture taking. If it were me, I'd be provoked into taking way more pictures just to make the point. Seems to me if they don't want the car photoed, they should keep it home on their private property, where it would be legitimate to restrict access.

Tim K.
        '64 R2 GT Hawk
        Tim K.
        \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Daan
          Question for you guys, what do you do when you see some camera nerd taking pix of your car? I mean, I don't climb inside the car or anything, but several guys asked for $ or basically ran me off when they saw me snapping. [?]

It takes all kinds I guess, but come on..............The car is in a public place at a public event that you paid admission to, I don't think they have a leg to stand to try to discourage your picture taking. If it were me, I'd be provoked into taking way more pictures just to make the point. Seems to me if they don't want the car photoed, they should keep it home on their private property, where it would be legitimate to restrict access.

Tim K.
          '64 R2 GT Hawk
          Tim K.
          \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

[

Tim K.
            '64 R2 GT Hawk
            [/quote]

Exactly. It sounds like some owners are in desperate need of some psychiatric assistance. If it didn't say on the ticket that all picture taking must be at the discretion of the displayed car's owner, then snap as many as you like. Sheesh. There are sure some weird people out there.
            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

[

Tim K.
              '64 R2 GT Hawk
              [/quote]

Exactly. It sounds like some owners are in desperate need of some psychiatric assistance. If it didn't say on the ticket that all picture taking must be at the discretion of the displayed car's owner, then snap as many as you like. Sheesh. There are sure some weird people out there.
              "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

[

Tim K.
                '64 R2 GT Hawk
                [/quote]

Comment

[

Tim K.
                  '64 R2 GT Hawk
                  [/quote]

Comment

Agreed! If they don't want pictures taken they shouldn't own the car.

Brad Johnson
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Agreed! If they don't want pictures taken they shouldn't own the car.

Brad Johnson
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                      Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

There was a fellow at one Int.Meet that put plastic boots over the tires of his Packard-Hawk to drive it from his enclosed trailer over the pavement to his parking spot.He then proceeded to put up 4 posts & attach velvet ropes,the kind they used to use in movie theaters.about 4ft. outside the perimeters of the car & spent a considerable amount of time telling people to "Step back from the rope"To top it all off there was a lot of obvious things not authentic to the car & to annoy a annoying owner people were pointing them out to him .A thing most Studebaker people are too polite to do.
                        I believe he lasted about 4 hours,packed up his velvet fence & left.
                        If you don't want people to look at your car keep it locked up at home!

Comment

There was a fellow at one Int.Meet that put plastic boots over the tires of his Packard-Hawk to drive it from his enclosed trailer over the pavement to his parking spot.He then proceeded to put up 4 posts & attach velvet ropes,the kind they used to use in movie theaters.about 4ft. outside the perimeters of the car & spent a considerable amount of time telling people to "Step back from the rope"To top it all off there was a lot of obvious things not authentic to the car & to annoy a annoying owner people were pointing them out to him .A thing most Studebaker people are too polite to do.
                          I believe he lasted about 4 hours,packed up his velvet fence & left.
                          If you don't want people to look at your car keep it locked up at home!

Comment

Working...
                          X