PDA

View Full Version : Engine: The Zip has Zip!!

Warren Webb
02-18-2012, 02:57 PM
Well one thing is done. My "new" Zip Van starts & runs! Started right up after priming the carb thru the breather tube & ran fine till it ran out of the gas in the float bowl.

I want to thank Jeff (Deepinhock) for sending me the pictures he had on a Zip Van too. It also raises a problem I'm going to have in that the serial number plate appears to be missing. From what I can see it should be on the vertical panel directly in front of the drivers seat, below the ignition/switch panel. If there is a "hidden" number somewhere that will get me out of the woods since California now requires an inspection to verify the numbers on vehicles that have "fallen out of the system". Mine was last registered in 1982 so it's more than out.

Well, I'm gonna go for now & put it on jack stands & inspect the brakes.:D

BobGlasscock
02-18-2012, 03:07 PM
zippity-do-go!! :)

Roscomacaw
02-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Warren, I've got an original shop manual if you'd like to have it. $10 bucks postage

Warren Webb
02-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Thanks Rosco but I got one with the van. I am gonna need a parts manual if anyone has one they dont need anymore.

StudeRich
02-18-2012, 03:54 PM
Great news Warren, I am glad to hear you got it running.

Let me know what Brake Parts and anything else you need to finish it.

showbizkid
02-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Right on, Warren! Cool when things work out like that :) I may have to drive out and inspect your new acquisition :D

Bullet
02-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Pictures please.

Mark